2003 Cobra - Need to replace MAF sensor Stock setup

DonMTV

Established Member
Hi everyone,
I need to replace my MAF. The Lightning 90mm MAF seems to be a direct replacement, but when I look it up on websites to purchase there are notes about wiring IAT sensor in order for it to work on the Cobra. Yet, the instructions or notes are not very clear as to what is actually needed to be done. I just want to get a new MAF and replace it, plug and play. If anyone has any info that would be great. The other option is to get a new MAF from Autozone or another parts store, but those are not Ford.

Thank you,
Don

01yellercobra

Established Member
Our cars have a seperate IAT sensor. Maybe they're talking about modifying the wiring to work with the IAT sensor in the MAF itself. I think the later GT's and Machs are like that. But if you don't want to run it like that I can't see why it wouldn't be plug and play.

DonMTV

Established Member
Slo984Now,
Thanks for the reply. I know they have the separate sensor. It is just weird that the documentation isn't that clear on all of the websites. I'd think that supposedly the Lightning MAF is a direct fit, that it would be a clearer situation. Kinda frustrating as I want to get a new one, but the answers seem so ambiguous.

Don

TP 112

Established Member
The Lightning’s also has a separate iat sensor like our cobra does. 99-2000 has 80 mafs 01-04 has 90 mafs. I would think you’d be fine with 01-04 90 maf. But I’ve been wrong before. That’s my 2 cents.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread