2003 cobra machined and stage 1 ported heads

SVTboy

Established Member
Interested, called your # and left a message, please get back to me as soon as possible, thanks...

Muskalade

Established Member
Ported heads dont make a set number they improve flow, less restriction and if these are going on your stock cobra they wont make much of a difference. On the other hand high boost with a kb or whip you can see improvements and that would be more power with the same amount of boost becasue psi doesnt equal hp, psi is just a measure of restriction

99SVTcobraVERT

Muskalade said:
Ported heads dont make a set number they improve flow, less restriction and if these are going on your stock cobra they wont make much of a difference.

well if they are reputable ported heads then you will have some kind of idea (i.e number range) and how can you improve flow and offer less restriction and not have a power increase unless its too much flow and you lose power? since they are labled stage 1 then im guessing they shouldnt lose power.

Muskalade said:
On the other hand high boost with a kb or whip you can see improvements and that would be more power with the same amount of boost

you arent making these sound very attractive at all? and how can boost levels stay the same with more flow with heads?

Muskalade said:
becasue psi doesnt equal hp, psi is just a measure of restriction

i understand that its not about boost levels its the efficiency when compared to the heat generated. my first trip around the block. just wanted some idea of the speaks on your heads. how about cfm numbers, anything at all? also who did the work on these ??

Muskalade

Established Member
For one you took this way out of perportion, im not going to tell you a hp number then have it not match, no ported heads say what hp they make, it varies too much on the application, for example my heads(same port work done) with cams and a stock eaton with a 2.8 pulley sould net around 520rwhp. But once again this will mean nothing since your probably not running the same things. As for the porting i do my own work, as for the heads nothing was enlarged just smoothed out which is what a stage one port is, when you start inlarging runners and bowls its a must to use a beanchflow or a cnc machine to do the porting to insure equal chambers. When runners are smoothed out and sanded to a near polished finish they flow better then the ruff surface that stock has.

Probably in the next couple of weeks im going to get them flow tested to see the flow gain and also if they dont sell within the next couple of weeks im going to build up another motor with them

Im not trying to be a dick but read up on cylinder head porting to understand the concept alittle better, since the first thing you ask is how much hp do they make which is the wrong question, i have a friend with a low hp cobra not more then 600hp running in the high 9s so dont believe hp numbers because thats all they are, numbers not times!

Users who are viewing this thread