2003 Cobra fuel question

2K3-COBRA

Established Member
Will running 91 octane ethanol free fuel affect my car since it was tuned on 93 octane with up to 10% ethanol? The reason for asking is because a gas station right by me just added ethanol free pumps and my car rarely gets driven. Just recently went through the whole fuel system because the car sat so long and the fuel got old and nasty.

01yellercobra

Established Member
How long did you let it sit? I think your bigger issue will be running 91 octane. Depending on your tune you might need to pull a couple degrees of timing.

2K3-COBRA

Established Member
It sat for probably a year. I dropped the tank, cleaned it out, replaced pumps and filter and cleaned the injectors. I've driven it a few times since. It runs good but was just thinkin that the pure ethanol wont go bad like the nasty junk fuel we have now. I usually start it and drive it around for a bit here and there but I was busy with other stuff. By the time I thought about it, the gas smelled horrible and I didnt wanna run that crap through the motor.

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
I wouldn’t beat on it if it’s tuned 93. Octane is octane, non-ethonal has methonal in it to raise octane. The 10% ethonal also raises octane.

Users who are viewing this thread