2003 cobra for graduation

canes25

Established Member
I am getting a 2003 SVT COBRA for graduation and the grandparents are paying for it and any modifications taht i want does any one have any ideas of what i should do........... :burnout:

10thTerminator

Established Member
I would spend your money on a spell checker and an english class instead of the car, buddy. :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

MG01SVT

citius, fortius
Established Member
10thTerminator said:
I would spend your money on a spell checker and an english class instead of the car, buddy. :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

What's up with you man? How about helping him with his question.

This is not mustangworld.com

Last edited:

bigboye

Established Member
Don't hate!!! If I could get someone to pay for my cobra I would.

Wait till you get the car. It may have mods when you get it and that may change your plans.

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
canes25 said:
I am getting a 2003 SVT COBRA for graduation and the grandparents are paying for it and any modifications taht i want does any one have any ideas of what i should do........... :burnout:

Yeah, read this thread by another 16yr old. http://67.15.62.79/forums/showthread.php?t=213086

Why would you not spend the money on College is beyond me.

worst mistake you little kiddies that are getting free cars can make is to say "look, I am getting a free Cobra" the internet is full of mean old people that hate that. I am one of them.

ADMINS, we need a "nursery forum/playground" for all these MINORS so they can post about mommy and daddies or grandparents money. :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs:

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
canes25 said:

Are you smart enough to SEARCH first? :poke: :p

Last edited:

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Awwww....you guys are being kinda hard on our man, canes25, aren't you??? What's he supposed to do, say "Sorry Grandpop, I really don't want one of the baddest-ass cars ever made as a grad gift" ???

Heck, when I graduated, my Dad handed me a bill for my first months rent if I was going to stay in the house........

In all seriousness canes25, congrats on being able to get one of these beasts. Be careful man....they can get you in a messs in a big hurry. Get used to the car, read your ass off in this Forum and you'll be able to decide what to start with.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
I post the same response to anyone who is too lazy to do even a modicum of homework...no age discrimination here

I'll cut him some slack but you guys are lucky we don't follow the corner-carver forum rules here :eek:

Last edited:

badctcobra

Heck Yes I Did!!!
Established Member
The mods that should be done first are some kind of catback exhaust and a cold air intake. I have the flowmaster american thunder catback and love it. A good cold air intake would be eithier the K&N for a straight design or the mac for the fenderwell. This will be about 400-700 dollars depending on what company. Next I would do the full exhaust with some longtube headers and a h pipe. I have Mac headers waiting to go on with a Mac H pipe. Also BBK SLP and Kooks make nice headers also. An H pipe will keep that low deep tone, while an x pipe might give you a few more ponies it will give you a higher more raspy pitched sound. After you do headers you need a tune I would go with SCT (superchips custom tuning) there is also Diablosport. The headers, h pipe, tune, and install will be 1000+. After this there are pulley swaps. Upper pulleys can range in size from 3.25-2.76. The lower the number the higher the power. You will also need a new idler set to eliminate belt slipping. Lower pulleys will also increase power also. Billetflow make really good high quality pulleys. An upper,lower and idler pulleys run about 500 bucks. Your car will need to be retuned after this too. A aftermarket heat exchanger (intercooler) is highly recommended now. LFP and Gords make awesome heat exchangers between 300-400 dollars. Still you can port the blower. Steigemeir has a stage 3 port for 500 bucks for 50 more hp. They can also port the stock throttle body too. 60 lb injectors are needed as are twin focus pumps to get more fuel. Hopefully this gives you an idea what is availible for these cars!

JP

Peoples Choice 1st Place
Established Member
Why don't you just buy mine.
My lease is almost up!!!
I need you grandpa's phone # so we can talk.

KB 2.2 twin screw blower oval port plenum.
KB BAP
RR blower spacer.
Billetflow T/B
Billetflow Upper pulley hub and pulleys( 3.4 17psi) (3.1 19psi)
Billetflow replacement idlers
Billetflow Auxiliary idler and new bracket
Metco 4lb lower pulley and Alternator pulley
K/N CAI
Ported stock Maf housing
Maf extender
NGK TR-6 plugs
60lb injectors and harness
CPR fuel rails
MD motorsports upgraded fuel line
Fuel wire upgrade
EGR delete plate.
Steeda shifter
UPR clutch quad and firewall adjuster
Afco heat exchanger
P-fab ice box
Centerforce DFX clutch pressure plate and flywheel for 26 spline
Liberty gears 26 spline input shaft
Billetflow Diff brace
Bassani mid length headers
Bassani x-pipe no cats
Bassani cat back
modded factory springs front and rear
SCT X-CAL 2 with 3 custom tunes.

:pop:

03cobroush

Established Member
IronTerp said:
Awwww....you guys are being kinda hard on our man, canes25, aren't you??? What's he supposed to do, say "Sorry Grandpop, I really don't want one of the baddest-ass cars ever made as a grad gift" ???

Heck, when I graduated, my Dad handed me a bill for my first months rent if I was going to stay in the house........

In all seriousness canes25, congrats on being able to get one of these beasts. Be careful man....they can get you in a messs in a big hurry. Get used to the car, read your ass off in this Forum and you'll be able to decide what to start with.
gotta walk before you can run no?
My comment is just have fun and do what you want to do, it will be your car after all.
Signed,
Another spoiled kid who didnt have to pay for his car ...well at least 1/2 :lol1:

blackvenom77

killer cobra
Established Member
Great info (badctcobra) but what's the point? I mean this kid is already getting a free car the least he could do is spend the time to search is own damn parts. If he tells us his grandparents are buying those too I'm going to scream! :cuss: Oh yeah, JP nice list of goods! :thumbsup:

gmynko

I like injecting people
Established Member
I have to admit, I'm a little jealous. I didn't get my first car until I was 20 and it was an 82 Monte Carlo with a V6 and 2bbl carb and was most definitely a total POS. :p

xBlown04x

THE REAL ORANGECRUSH
Established Member
Put a Whipple,60lbs inj, Sct Big Air mass air and a good tune.That is about all i have plus ORH-pipe and i make 620 rwhp. No need for new pumps.

mjzilinski

Kenne Bell
Established Member
Click on postbans mod list for a list of things you could do to build a monster, I dont know how much you have to spend on mods, but that would be a good list to take a look at.

ChuckV

Established Member
Driving school for starters, these beasts are hard to drive to the max, even stock! Most of them are really fun, in addition to teaching you good advanced car control techniques. The Porsche Driving Experience is one of the best, and they have a few father/son classes, IIRC.

ScareCrow

"Facts are stupid things"
Established Member
Now I feel even worse that my first car was a taurus, a taurus that I had to pay for with my graduation money. Damn you people with the infamous rich grandparents. lol

Users who are viewing this thread