2003 Cobra FAQS???

VTTRAPN03

Established Member
Here are a few that i'd like answered and you may too, here goes...

1) Since we've put our money down to order the Cobra, are they going to send us some kind of press packet/brochure??

2) Why do the pics I see on the net of the yellow cobra convertible have the 01 cobra seats on it? (I'll be pissed if mine arrives with old seats)

3) Will the Mach 460 at least have MP3 capability like on the GT?

4) What is the fastest 1/4 mile ET you've heard? (I've heard 12.6,7,8 and one 13.0)

5) Do you think that we could get them as early as late May?

Thanks

svt-tmleader

Established Member
Answers
1. NO

2. Seats appear to be the same, yet are different. They are more supportive, and more power operable (8 way vs 6 way).

3. NO mp3

4. 12.69 @112

5. The very earliest would be late May, early June would be more likely!

Hope this helps.

Barry

tommylightning

No status!!
Established Member
1-800 FORDSVT is an OK source. As far as I am concerned there is really only one good source and that number isn't one of them for up to date info. Just let the good SVT dealers tell you what is going on. Some don't have a clue. Be patient my young grasshopper.

kungfudoyouhear.jpg

fangstang

Established Member
"But father, its, just, that........I, really want to learn the way of the cobra":cryying:

COBRAJIM9999

Established Member
2003 Cobra driven

I drove the 2003 cobra at bob bondurant facility in az this past weekend. First the seats are better and are not the same one's my 01 has. Two major midrange torque aka lightning like, and my car has already been assigned a vin number so production is likely in early may. They took a stock 03 to firebird raceway and not beating on it ran 12.82 at 111mph. The exhause system is the pre-fix 99 cobra and replaced with a decent exhaust should net a 25hp improvement. The new cobra is quieter than the 01. Reason is government capped how loud the car could be and with teh supercharger adding noise they had to make car quieter. Only bad thing is the weight but power is very very nice. We drove c5 5spd vette's and than drove the cobra's as comparison's and the cobra's have so much more midrange.Anyway if you got one on order start getting that **** eating grin since you will love the new car.:beer:

tommylightning

No status!!
Established Member
Re: 2003 Cobra driven

Originally posted by COBRAJIM9999
I drove the 2003 cobra at bob bondurant facility in az this past weekend. First the seats are better and are not the same one's my 01 has. Two major midrange torque aka lightning like, and my car has already been assigned a vin number so production is likely in early may. They took a stock 03 to firebird raceway and not beating on it ran 12.82 at 111mph. The exhause system is the pre-fix 99 cobra and replaced with a decent exhaust should net a 25hp improvement. The new cobra is quieter than the 01. Reason is government capped how loud the car could be and with teh supercharger adding noise they had to make car quieter. Only bad thing is the weight but power is very very nice. We drove c5 5spd vette's and than drove the cobra's as comparison's and the cobra's have so much more midrange.Anyway if you got one on order start getting that **** eating grin since you will love the new car.:beer:

Re-Post...you and about 10 others before you.:D

cobra 829

Established Member
i emailed john collitti of svt and asked him why no chrome wheels and whats up with the del date i need my car buy june 8th i got a mustang show to goto and i dont what to be there with my 2001 gt i will let you know if he responds

tommylightning

No status!!
Established Member
Originally posted by cobra 829
i emailed john collitti of svt and asked him why no chrome wheels and whats up with the del date i need my car buy june 8th i got a mustang show to goto and i dont what to be there with my 2001 gt i will let you know if he responds

There is a shortage of chrome wheels from the vendor. There isn't enough to meet the initial order bank demand. So they held them off for Wave 2. The chrome wheels are ugly. The polished wheel is much better looking and fits the personality of the car. Order the car without the chrome wheels. Trust me!!

C_Record

Established Member
>>The polished wheel is much better looking and fits the personality of the car<<

tommylightning

No status!!
Established Member
Originally posted by rcogs
>>The polished wheel is much better looking and fits the personality of the car<<

Er brushed and painted wheel.
<<<<walks away with his cranium in his hands.:(

C_Record

Established Member
>>Er brushed and painted wheel.
<<<<walks away with his cranium in his hands<<

Users who are viewing this thread