2003 Cobra exhaust manifold studs (collector studs)

tasmbierman

Established Member
I have searched far and wide...I cant get a definite answer. Can some one please help me out?
I attempted to remove the x-pipe to add a wide-band, in the process the I was removing the drivers side top nut from the manifold and the nut seized up. The stud actually unthreaded from the manifold and came out. I tried to replace the x-pipe and got the stud to thread back in but, the nut would not move to tighten the two pieces back together. This caused a severe leak. Can some one please tell me the stud size and pitch or where to get them other then ford. I called Toulsey and was told it was 16 bucks for one.

fast ford brian

Established Member
I used the Advanced auto parts "help" brand ones on my car . I believe they were M10-1.5 x 62mm in a 4 pack for $10 .

tasmbierman

Established Member
I appreciate it guys... just blows I finally get the wide-band in and cant drive it lol
I am going to try to pull it back out again and compare it to the help brand as well.

03' White Snake

Established Member
Don't put studs back in. Use bolts. Some studs have a flange on them and might be your issue for the exhaust leak.

cj428mach

Established Member
I walked into my local napa and the parts man new what I needed before I even finished my sentence. He had the napa version of the "help" section and got me squared away. Replace the studs and be happy it came out on its own easily.

tasmbierman

Established Member
Thanks... the WOMAN that answered the phone at advanced asked me who made a mustang to begin with...so no surprise she couldn't find anything...and the guy at auto zone looked at me like I was special... So now I can replace them.. found M8-1.25X 56 mm kit in autozone for like 8 bucks

TRQJUNKIE

Justa Slobra
Established Member
Id used at least a 10.9 grade set of bolts instead of studs. Makes life easier. Fastenal would hook you up

Users who are viewing this thread