2003 Cobra Dyno vids

badaz5.0

Established Member
Ok guys finally got my cobra to a dynojet just to do some pulls and it made quite a bit less than I expected with my mods.

mods: 2.76 upper, jlt cold air, SCT X3 tuner with email tune, and steeda catback with mac mufflers

I figured with these mods the car would be in the 440's rwhp range and 460's rwtq but the car only made 429.9 rwhp and 445 rwtq. Is there any suggestions to why?? I don't know if its my tune or timing or what?? Here are some pics of the dyno graph and some vids of my pulls

e2a5471d.jpg

b54d1fab.mp4 video by sqwat05 - Photobucket
11f6347e.mp4 video by sqwat05 - Photobucket

All input would be appreciated!!

OhIIICobra

Established Member
E-mail tune is probably way conservative. Get a custom dyno tune. Seems to be down about 15HP/15TQ minimum for your mods.

Mine made 446HP/460TQ on a really conservative 93 tune with a 2.76, catback, and FIPK.

badaz5.0

Established Member
Yeah the numbers where really consistent! The torque was coming up a little when we were adding fuel with my handheld! I need to call the guy who did my tune and see if he can adjust some things?

2001Snake

It will be fast one day
Established Member
your good man. The mail order will always have low timing to cover thier ass so to speak. Like the other guy said get a custom tune and itll make the power!

jay

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
^Unless you datalog and then they add the timing. If you can do that then you can get just a good of a tune as being on a Tuners dyno.

badaz5.0

Established Member
Yeah I'm going to data log it and send that too him! Then when I get the cash I'm going to be calling y'all posi! Im feeling the need for more power already! Lol

badaz5.0

Established Member
Thanks bro! I'm trying to get it to around 500 hp then hopefully I will be happy.... But then again probably not! Lol

O4COBRA

Established Member
Cats or no cats?

What octane?

Like others have said it's probably the mail order tune, and by fault of theirs other than just keeping things safe for you. FWIW, I just put down 472/502 SAE on 91 oct with a 2.76, Bassani or/x, Bassani CB and a JLT RAI. You're missing out on some HP, but at least they kept things on the safe side...

2001Snake

It will be fast one day
Established Member
^Unless you datalog and then they add the timing. If you can do that then you can get just a good of a tune as being on a Tuners dyno.

tru tru,I didnt think of that. I was just assuming it was a "start up tune".

What was the air fuel running on it??

badaz5.0

Established Member
The afr was running around 11.8 - 12! I figure once everything is straightened out I should be in the 450-460 range!

Users who are viewing this thread