2003 Cobra Coupe - Silver - <26K miles

sjw985

Established Member
***Update 6/18 - Sold***

Note to other sellers - given the very high level of interest I had from Autotrader in particular (10+ very serious inquiries from the SE US) I think you can probably ask more than $20K for a low miles, fundamentally stock, unabused, very clean 2003-2004 Terminator. The prospective buyers are guys who own or used to own older model mustangs and cobras, and are looking for a fun car now that they are getting older. They don't want cars that have been modded or abused because they intend to keep the car for a long time. In retrospect I think I could have gotten at least a couple K more for the car, but as it is everything worked out fine. But if you have drivetrain mods, you're not going to command that kind of premium.

***Update 6/9 - 30K mile service performed***

As an added bonus - I brought the car to Team Ford in Marietta GA for 30K mile service. Fuel filter was changed. All fluids were replaced (oil, brake, steering, coolant). Steering "creak" service bulletin was performed, followed by a full alignment. Brake pads are still at 60% even after 26K miles. Every other item on the "Multi-Point Inspection Report Card" is green.

This car is in near perfect condition and ready to be enjoyed for a long time to come.

***End update***

Much as it pains me, it's time for my baby to go. I'm having an early mid-life crisis so I've decided to replace her with a fair-haired Bavarian. I know it's a sacrilege, but times and people change. Anyway, the Cobra's time has passed. She's not free to a good home, but reasonable offers will be considered. Absolutely no trades though, please.

2003 Ford Mustang Cobra Coupe - Silver - less than 26K miles - Atlanta, GA metro area.

Single owner vehicle, always garaged, never raced, and hasn't seen rain since 2004. No accidents, no dings or dents. Served as a daily driver for one year where I put on 12K miles, and has averaged fewer than 2K per year since. It's a true garage queen.

The only modifications are a K&N FIPK2 intake and a Borla "Stinger" catback exhaust. The car has never been pullied, chipped, tracked, or had any other popular mods. I still have the original intake and exhaust and they will be provided with the vehicle if desired. With the intake and the stock exhaust, the car dynoed 393HP / 369 ft-lbs at the wheels (Dynojet) on an 89 degree day back in 2004. Keep in mind the official manufacturer rating is 390-390. This car has plenty of power. Assuming normal 15% drivetrain loss for a manual, you're looking at a 450 HP car.

Tires are Firestone SZ50-EPs with about 1/3-1/2 life left.
Oil has been synthetic since replacing the initial factory fill. I originally used Amsoil, then switched to Mobil 1 for the last few years.

Atlanta metro emissions were passed in April 2011.

If you're looking for a low mileage, fundamentally unmodified "Terminator" to enjoy for many years, you won't find one better than this.

Plenty o' pics available.

Title is in hand. Asking $20K but will consider discount for cash or otherwise. Keep in mind your 30K service is complete, so you won't have to worry about maintenance for a while.

E-mail or message with with questions.

P1040676-1.JPG

P1040698-1.JPG

Last edited:

sjw985

Established Member
Here's some added info based on the questions I have received so far:

I think there are a couple of very small rock chips on the edge of the hood - I'll take a picture when I get home from work. They aren't noticeable unless you're looking for them up close (silver is a benefit here). The car has always been waxed with Zaino.

Silver wheels, gray inserts, Alcantara is in excellent condition and the leather is as well - it has been consistently treated over the years.

Front right wheel rubbed the curb shortly after I bought the car so the ridge/bead is scuffed.

The only other niggle is that the very top right of the radio has a crack - it was like that since I bought it but I missed it on the pre-sale inspection and the dealer blamed me and refused to fix it. I can get a pic of that as well, because of where the crack is you don't notice it unless sitting at the right angle and you're looking for it.

finaliize

Established Member
I'm looking to get in one around the end of the month when my GT sells. If this still isn't sold i'll be in touch, interested

sjw985

Established Member
Update - had the Ford dealer perform 30K mile service as well as the steering creak service bulletin. Details in the top post. You ain't going to find a stock car much better than this, folks.

BillO

Established Member
You seem to be the only seller that wants to sell his car its a shame your so far south I would buy it. GLWS

sjw985

Established Member
Update - probable sale for $20K to a fellow Georgian as of this morning. Should close early next week but will repost if the deal falls through.

Thanks to all for the advice and interest.

silver02pony

Established Member
This guy allready said he would take 19k for the car in a pm.So i make plans to go get it and he tells me someone offered 20k.This guy is the biggest BS SELLER I have ever delt with.BUYERS BEWARE

Haioth

Established Member
That's because the car is worth 20k all day long. If you didn't give the man a deposit, then the car is hardly sold. extremely ridiculous to bash him for doing what anyone would when it comes to selling a vehicle. Don't get mad just because you're cheap, and fell asleep on a great deal. There are always going to be other Cobras out there, relax.

Last edited:

sjw985

Established Member
I'm expecting to close on saturday. If for some reason the sale does not go through, I will repost.

Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread