2003 black cobra paint correction (partially complete)

pepridgefarm

Established Member
Well I began my first paint correction on my 2003 cobra heres my results so far

Products used:

Harbor Freight 6" DA
Orange Hex Logic Pad
White Hex Logic Pad
M105
M205

Now for the pics... sorry for them being so big cant figure out how to work photo bucket

Before:
image_zpsd6pkhwnl.gif

After:
image_zpsfs7fkqae.jpg

Before:
image_zps20nrsmhl.jpg

image_zpstb9ipi3s.jpg

image_zpsdztclrbw.jpg

After:
image_zpstqy237c2.jpg

image_zpsngxnebdw.jpg

image_zpsesz5s4qr.jpg

pepridgefarm

Established Member
Thanks! yea its a pretty tough color but when its clean its one of the best looking. Ive spent around 4 hrs on it now an only have the trunk, left rear fender and driver door done gonna be awhile till its all done

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Is this your first time ever doing a paint correction? How did you like your equipment/products used?

pepridgefarm

Established Member
Is this your first time ever doing a paint correction? How did you like your equipment/products used?

yes this is my first correction I like the products pretty well the only issue im running into is for the minor scratches they take for ever to cut through think im gonna order an try a microfiber cutting pad this week and other then that the m105 seems to dust like crazy

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
yes this is my first correction I like the products pretty well the only issue im running into is for the minor scratches they take for ever to cut through think im gonna order an try a microfiber cutting pad this week and other then that the m105 seems to dust like crazy

Damn, you get me motivated. I am yet to do a heavy detail on my car. Only regular washes with liquid wax. I need to get off my ass about it.

Good thread.

pepridgefarm

Established Member
Nice work, especially for a rookie! ;)
Thanks! spent countless hours watching videos of how to looks like they're paying off:beer:
Damn, you get me motivated. I am yet to do a heavy detail on my car. Only regular washes with liquid wax. I need to get off my ass about it.

Good thread.
Thanks its really not hard work at all just very time consuming! Ill post more pictures as i go to keep it up

Zemedici

Established Member
God.

Damn.

Looks fantastic.

Here's mine 3-4 days before I sold it, fresh from the detailer, he said it was 16 hours.

YXlfibB.jpg

Attachments

• YXlfibB.jpg
    YXlfibB.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 804
Last edited:

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Well I began my first paint correction on my 2003 cobra heres my results so far

Products used:

Harbor Freight 6" DA
Orange Hex Logic Pad
White Hex Logic Pad
M105
M205

Now for the pics... sorry for them being so big cant figure out how to work photo bucket

Before:
image_zpsd6pkhwnl.gif

After:
image_zpsfs7fkqae.jpg

Before:
image_zps20nrsmhl.jpg

image_zpstb9ipi3s.jpg

image_zpsdztclrbw.jpg

After:
image_zpstqy237c2.jpg

image_zpsngxnebdw.jpg

image_zpsesz5s4qr.jpg

Amazing work, how do you like the HF D/A? I've been thinking about getting a DA polisher but can't decide if I should go for this or something from autogeek to start out. I would practice on my Lincoln then when I feel confident on my Cobra.

pepridgefarm

Established Member
Amazing work, how do you like the HF D/A? I've been thinking about getting a DA polisher but can't decide if I should go for this or something from autogeek to start out. I would practice on my Lincoln then when I feel confident on my Cobra.
Thanks!
I feel it does the job great a DA is DA but this is my first correction... so i cant compare to any other DAs out there. for the 50 bucks its was totally worth every penny

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Thanks!
I feel it does the job great a DA is DA but this is my first correction... so i cant compare to any other DAs out there. for the 50 bucks its was totally worth every penny

Think I may have to snag a 20 percent off coupon and pick one up.

ColorMatched

grayongrayongrayongray
Established Member
Nice work! It's easy to eat up time once you start compounding. I had 9 hours on a black Escalade that was AIO only.

Users who are viewing this thread