2003 Azure Blue OEM "Plus" Build

MachJoe98

Make it Bacon
Established Member
Great build! The TR-3650's are fairly cheap to rebuild or keep an eye on Craigslist for a lower mileage one.

Great build. I picked up my low mileage azure blue mach January 3, 2014. Here in Indiana we have had below average temps, above average snow and with two mustangs, snow blower, welders and all the typical shop tools in a 20x20 garage I can't do much. You Sir have inspired me! I can't wait til spring. Your car is a real sweet ride.

Thanks for the compliments guys, it's definitely been fun getting this car exactly how I want it

The Abyss

Established Member
That is a beautiful car. Gotta love Azure. Where did you get the grill emblem and why are you adding the side emblems? It looks so clean without them!

MachJoe98

Make it Bacon
Established Member
That is a beautiful car. Gotta love Azure. Where did you get the grill emblem and why are you adding the side emblems? It looks so clean without them!

I ordered a Pony emblem on eBay, the stick on kind. I took the original emblem and cut the horse off, then just stuck the new one on, pretty simple to do.

As far as the stripes and side emblems... I'm thinking the car looks kinda empty with out em, so I'm looking to change it up. If I get sick of them I can always take them back off.

Oink

Established Member
I have been following your progress. This looks great! On your seats, they look better than new in my opinion and wanted to know if they used factory foam. I bought my AB 03 a few months ago and just got my first chance to drive it yesterday due to winter weather hanging around and it's a 30,000 mile car so I didn't want it out. Hear is my reason for asking, we have an 07 CS GT that also is a garage queen and took it out first. When we switched to the Mach after 3 hours in rhe CS my wife hated the narrow seat backs. Yours do not look as tight. They look fantastic!

MachJoe98

Make it Bacon
Established Member
I have been following your progress. This looks great! On your seats, they look better than new in my opinion and wanted to know if they used factory foam. I bought my AB 03 a few months ago and just got my first chance to drive it yesterday due to winter weather hanging around and it's a 30,000 mile car so I didn't want it out. Hear is my reason for asking, we have an 07 CS GT that also is a garage queen and took it out first. When we switched to the Mach after 3 hours in rhe CS my wife hated the narrow seat backs. Yours do not look as tight. They look fantastic!

Thanks for the compliments, the seats are original factory foam with the shoulder areas shaved a bit to widen them. It was like a night and day difference going from the old, tight, hard leather to a nice and soft synthetic material. It gives the foam underneath the ability to compress and stretch more than the leather as it has much more give in terms of elasticity.

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
Thanks for all the compliments guys, I'm starting to finally get to the "end" of this project.

Update: got the side stripes on, took me about an hour. I'm leaning towards not putting in the fender emblems though. I like how it came out

9151db1f0e9a3e5fa558f7e67b5bb2b8_zps7c76d6c9.gif

Hopefully this weekend I can finish up all of my wiring, I've been lazy with my time and am dreading finishing up the wide-band and nitrous stuff
I actually like no emblems either looking sharp man!!!

starnsey

Established Member
Thanks for all the compliments guys, I'm starting to finally get to the "end" of this project.

Update: got the side stripes on, took me about an hour. I'm leaning towards not putting in the fender emblems though. I like how it came out

9151db1f0e9a3e5fa558f7e67b5bb2b8_zps7c76d6c9.gif

Hopefully this weekend I can finish up all of my wiring, I've been lazy with my time and am dreading finishing up the wide-band and nitrous stuff

How was putting on the side stripe? I installed the OEM hood one which was easy since the backing on it fit the contours of the hood but the side stripe looks like it'll take a lot more work getting lined up properly.

Users who are viewing this thread