2003-2004 Mach 1 or Cobra 4v 1/4 times?

bleedout

Established Member
Hey guys, I just bought a 2003 Mach 1 with couple bolt ons, off road X, frpp 4.10s, Bama tune, short shifter, anyways my question is will these car run high 12s with bolt ons and good launch? I'm fairly certain I can squeeze a high 12 pass out of it but I work at import dealer and all my subie buddies are saying no way blah blah cuz they all have a turbo subaru. I've been there, done that came back to mod motor. Anyways you guys ever squeeze 12s out of a 4v NA car? I have a hurt 2nd gear which I'll be pulling and rebuilding hopefully next few weeks but I'm gunning for 12s before future mods or boost, thoughts?

bleedout

Established Member
That's what I figured. Thanks guys. One of my buddy's old cars was a 06 GT he had same mods and ran in the 12s. This car pulls good so I'm sure it has it in it I just gotta get the power down

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
That's what I figured. Thanks guys. One of my buddy's old cars was a 06 GT he had same mods and ran in the 12s. This car pulls good so I'm sure it has it in it I just gotta get the power down

My good friend had an 03 mach. Similar setup to yours and ran on 275/50/15 mickey dr's. His best was 12.4x. He later had an 01 cobra with a solid axle and mid lengths. That car, on the same wheel and tire, went 12.18. Those are full weight passes with a 225lb driver. He went in the 12.8x-13.0x range on regular radials. He now has an '06 GT with longtubes and a 4.10. It has been 12.7x's.

Last edited:

bleedout

Established Member
nice, yeah sounds about right to me. im going to finish up this year N/A and try to freshen up a few things on mine, then im hoping for some boost maybe next year!!!

C.Hicks26

SVT-888
Established Member
My 04 Mach swapped 5spd convertible with full exhaust, 4.30's, RAI, tune, and shifter on street tires went 12.8 @ 108mph with a 2.0 60ft with staggered bullitts and 315 nitto street tires. Put a 315 drag radial on it and went 12.7 with a 1.7 60ft which is crazy but its crazy how that happened but it was driving mostly and 2 different days. I put 15" drag wheels with 275/50 drag radials and went 12.50 with a 1.8 60'.

I had Comp 106100 cams and a ported stock length intake installed and had the car tuned making 348rwhp/324rwtq and was having injector issues but managed a 12.2 @ 112mph with a 1.8 60'. The car was full weight nothing taken out either.

BLKFOX

Established Member
The best time I had with my Mach was a 12.8 on street tires. It could have been a lot better with a stickier tire!

bleedout

Established Member
Well mine is having some pretty nasty synchro issues with 2nd and 3rd gear. Guess it's time to pull the trans and rebuild it. I'm hoping to be running 12s before fall. Thanks for sharing guys. Any tips on tranny fixes for the tr3650, shifts fine under normal driving but at higher rpm grinds pretty bad. Def can't 1-2 shift fast or hard. I don't want to get hosed by local trans shop. Probably should throw in a new clutch while it's out.

bleedout

Established Member
Well after this post I pulled my trans. It's a the shop now being built. I also installed some goodies while it's on the hoist. Full kyb suspension, JLT ria, McLeod clutch, Stewart high flow water pump and t stat, new brakes, shifter knob, and I'm going to pull the trigger on some sticky mickeys. I damn sure better be in the high 12s or I'll be upset. My driver mod is pretty solid lol

Speedboosted

Established Member
Sounds like you're well on your way to running in the 12s. I love how hard the mach's pull with such basic mods. I still wouldn't mind owning one.

bleedout

Established Member
Thanks guys, I just got a new set of 275/40 drag radials on the back, clutch is broken in and theres a couple of test and tune track days left. I'll see what i can do!!!

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Track, location and weather depend a LOT! None of you guys would run anywhere near those track times here.

Users who are viewing this thread