2003/09/26: Dallas Cobra Lunch 11am: El Chico's @ 75 & Spring Valley

olchakla

Dallas Mustang Cover Car
Established Member
So, who's up for a luncheon this Friday?

I'm assuming most of us will be working...

11am: El Chico's @ 75 & Spring Valley -- SouthWest corner

Change of pace from the last few times we went to Bone Daddies

Coleman, DD2000GT, I have the packages for you.

DSF

Warranty? Whats that?
Established Member
lunch

Larry,
will try to make it, if were not tooo busy around here on Friday and we can sneek out!!

Quick03SVT

Established Member
Not sure I will be able to make it that far this time. Still catching up from this weekends mess with the hurricane up north east and our servers. Was not even able to make it to FFW :-(

DSF

Warranty? Whats that?
Established Member
lunch

so, Larry or Coleman, how many do we have showing up?? I am trying to get away tomorrow to make it.

The Saint

Cookie Monster
Established Member
The Cobra is in the shop at Doug Stanley Ford, so I'll have to bring the 88GT.

DSF

Warranty? Whats that?
Established Member
hey SaleenCobra

Originally posted by SaleenCobra
The Cobra is in the shop at Doug Stanley Ford, so I'll have to bring the 88GT.

saw the car, well actually heard the car first. They were pulling the car in the shop when I was walking into work. Looks and sounds great! I will keep an eye on it for you today! I know, Brent, the tech working on it is a great tech and he will absolutely take care of your ride!!!! Make sure if you have any questions or complaints, let me or Tim know immediately. IF not, I will probably see ya tomorrow at lunch, look forward to meeting you!!!!

Last edited:

The Saint

Cookie Monster
Established Member
Re: hey SaleenCobra

Originally posted by DSF
saw the car, well actually heard the car first. They were pulling the car in the shop when I was walking into work. Looks and sounds great! I will keep an eye on it for you today! I know, Brent, the tech working on it is a big time racer and he will absolutely take care of your ride!!!! Make sure if you hyave any questions or complaints, let me or Tim know immediately. IF not, I will probably see ya tomorrow at lunch, look forward to meeting you!!!!

Thanks for keeping your eye on it. My overall impression of that place is very comforting. No BS from those guys and they all seem excited to work on your car. A couple of the guys actually tried to get me to get some aftermarket stuff on there. I'm thinking 3.90's and some bushings for the rear. Speaking of the rear end which bolts are people refering to on the IRS that need to be 14mm not 12mm?

Thanks
Chris

B-O-B'03

Established Member
I should be able to makeit, I'll check with the shadow and see if he wants to come too.

Still have not posted the pic from the last one :bash:

I'll try to do better :-D

-Brian

DSF

Warranty? Whats that?
Established Member
sorry to cancel

well guys, as most of you know, we have been struggling to put our car togwther to run with Coleman. Got it together, but a little worried about the fuel situation, so I am headed to dyno tomorrow to make sure everything is cool with A/F ratio, etc.... so I will ahve to miss lunch, but lets try and to get something together locally for all of us soon. Talked to Tim about it and he said, yeah lets get something going, maybe even sponsor if need be. Keep it in mind, will let you all know how the car did. Oh, by the way Coleman, I sold your IRS. I got 100.00 for it, (MY DYNO MONEY) thanks alot. JUst kidding, lets make some plans to get it to ya!!! Enjoy, and have a drink for me!

lifter213

Established Member
Cant make this one, work always in the way of my fun. :bash:

SC457A

Established Member
:cryying:

man i gotta get a job with you guys, my boss is evil on lunch breaks... damn ford dealers always so busy...

hey dsf if brents last name is sharp tell him hi from lyle. we are racing buddies, and tell him i said good luck at the finals

coleman

Established Member
mustarrosa said he should be able to make it ... that'll put us back @ 7 i think since DSF has to go check him A/F

DSF ... there's an inexpensive dyno place up here. only $30 for 3 pulls w/ A/F & nearby our lunch spot! :p

DSF

Warranty? Whats that?
Established Member
lunch

heySC457A
it is Brent Sharp. He is pumped about the finals. I will be there to support him and help him out if he needs anything.

Coleman, thanks for the dyno input, but i have a deal worked out with Speedtek over on Buckner, plus i have some pull with ther owner, so i can use the facilities to do some tuning on the dyno if I need, price about the same. But good to know in case this deal falls through. I have dealt with Keith at Speedtek for about the last 5 years.

Enjoy the lunch guys, take some pics of your rides lined up together.

coleman

Established Member
my cobra's filthy ... i haven't had time to wash it this week :cryying:

oh, and mustarrosa, said he will make it.

coleman

Established Member
yes
  1. olchakla
  2. xtremejc
  3. DD2000GT - weather permitting
  4. SaleenCobra - 88GT
  5. coleman
  6. mustarrosa
  7. B-O-B'03

maybe
  • Quick03SVT