2002 svt cobra

Should have svt released the 02"?

• Released the 02' would have done good!!!

Votes: 24 57.1%
  • No it would have embarresed SVT!!!!

Votes: 18 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cobradude

SVT DUDE
Established Member
Did anyone here of the 2002 svt Cobra? It looked like the 03's but,not s/c it had 340 hp's and 340 torque. It had 3.55's,but,I guess it was too even to the Mach!!! So they scrapped it and decided to s/c it. And wow that was a good idea,but,the 02' I think would of made the 03/04's better. Why,becuase the mach would have been equal to the Cobra!!! tHE 03/04'S PROBALLY WOULD NOT BE UNDERATED,THEY WOULD HAVE BEEN RATED AT THE 425 WHERE 75% OF THEM ARE!!! AT LEAST 415!!! Anyways do you think they should have released the 02"? :read:

ebear

Ricer Tail Lights!
Established Member
If it had the exact same block as the 03 cobra, but without the blower... that woulda been sick.. to put a KB on.. since it would be cheaper then getting an 03 =p and putting a KB on that.

CY98Cobra

Established Member
It was a test car that was before the Mach 1. John Coletti took it for a test drive and wasn't impressed. He thought the car was a dog so they took it back and slapped a lightning blower on it. That is how the 03/4 Cobra was created. Apparently the "02" model was slower than the 01's. This is what took the Cobra down the blower route.

cobravenom39

Ballz to the wallz
Established Member
CY98Cobra said:
It was a test car that was before the Mach 1. John Coletti took it for a test drive and wasn't impressed. He thought the car was a dog so they took it back and slapped a lightning blower on it. That is how the 03/4 Cobra was created. Apparently the "02" model was slower than the 01's. This is what took the Cobra down the blower route.

After John drove it he pulled it into a drug store parking lot and told the SVT boys he was going in to buy Alpo b/c it was a dog. Then they decided to put the blower on it!

Screamn03

Snake In The Weeds
Established Member
I thought they actually made two '02s, at least they were sold as '02s in AU as exports. I remember seeing pics and I believe it was on this forum.

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
Screamn03 said:
I thought they actually made two '02s, at least they were sold as '02s in AU as exports. I remember seeing pics and I believe it was on this forum.
If I remember correctly(this has been discussed several times) they were full production cars down there, a member from down there has a picture of his.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
i know that i was all set to order an Mystic Gold 2000 from the sales brochure but then they didn't build any due the 99 fix deal

RioRed4v

Established Member
99cobrablack said:
If I remember correctly(this has been discussed several times) they were full production cars down there, a member from down there has a picture of his.

pretty sure you're right. i think they were full production. didnt look TOO much different other than the funky front bumper and few other small changes.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
They built 100 of them in 2002 and all went to Australia

Andrews02Cobra.jpg

01L2Cobra

Banned
RioRed4v said:
pretty sure you're right. i think they were full production. didnt look TOO much different other than the funky front bumper and few other small changes.
The had long tubes from the factory too.

Users who are viewing this thread