2002 Saleen Sc281

pbm.cc

Established Member
I recently bought a 2002 Saleen SC281, what good insight can you tell me on these cars? I noticed it has lowering springs, shocks and sturts, bigger sway bar in the front the SALEEN 13" brakes, borla cat back, the Supercharger and all the goodies inside as well as out I am missing the seats and the extreme package but I actually like the car the way it sits.

Are the internals forged? what is the most you can boost the S/C to? I think my boost gauge is messed up... it reads 7-8psi even when its off, but when I get on it it reads 15psi! I noticed that the intercooler in the bumper has fans... I dont think that they are coming on! when I drive the car I have seen the temp of the intercooler go as high as 180 degrees. where is the relays for those and has anyone had this problem before? could it be a fuse? I noticed that in the rear I have no big stabilizing bar nor bigger brakes? my gear ratio is 3.27... is that correct? shouldnt it be 3.55?

What would be the best mod to the car? I already put a MAC o/r xpipe and it sounds alot better with the Borla's. I noticed that it has like the sc281e intake tube ITS HUGE! but I dont think its pullied. It has a strut brace and caster camber plates (I think STEEDA'S). It has a B&M shifter and I guess that's it.

Last question... what would this car dyno stock?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread