2002 saleen S281 stock 1/4 mile times and HP?

MAVRKsupersonic

Established Member
I am thinking about purchasing a 2002 saleen s281, and couldnt find stock 1/4 mile times and hp on the net? anyone help thanks alot.

Last edited:

89notcher

droppin bombs
Established Member
If you're talking about the N/A S-281, it's about the same as an '02 GT, and I think with a little computer tuning. Now the S-281 S/C is probably a high 12 on a GOOD day with GOOD traction. BTW, just wondering but why do you care what a Saleen runs in the 1/4. IMO, that's not what they're built to do. If you wanna run the 1/4 don't get a Saleen, especially a S-281, because (like I already said) they run about the same as a GT. It's all road-race suspension and styling mods. You're paying for the suspension...just to replace it to get traction out of the hole not >>> :burnout: . If you wanna hit the twisties...any Saleen is the way to go.

supercoolsix

Established Member
89notcher said:
If you're talking about the N/A S-281, it's about the same as an '02 GT, and I think with a little computer tuning. Now the S-281 S/C is probably a high 12 on a GOOD day with GOOD traction. BTW, just wondering but why do you care what a Saleen runs in the 1/4. IMO, that's not what they're built to do. If you wanna run the 1/4 don't get a Saleen, especially a S-281, because (like I already said) they run about the same as a GT. It's all road-race suspension and styling mods. You're paying for the suspension...just to replace it to get traction out of the hole not >>> :burnout: . If you wanna hit the twisties...any Saleen is the way to go.

i see a lot of 99+ Saleen SC run low/mid 13s because they're so heavy...

CobraSvt9746

Another 1 Bites The Dust
Established Member
351 EXTREME SALEEN!!!!!!!

"Goodness Gracious Great Balls Of Fire"

-Maverick

Users who are viewing this thread