2002 mustang gt

Tony_Montana87

BANNED!
Hey guys went to dealer yesterday and they had just sold my svt focus and offerd to transfer in another 1 from some other dealer but it would take a while, but i saw a white gt mustang, 5sp. It had the mach audio system, but what it didnt have in the rear truck were the two subwoofers that i thought every mustang equiped with the mach audio system has, just wanted to find out if im right or wrong on this.

Another thing is what were the major defects or what are the most common problems you guys with the 02 gts are having or have had. And what do u guys get on mileage?

FreSh03Gt

Established Member
no, the woofers in the trunk are extra i think a $1000.00 option from what my salesman said. i think they call it the Mach 1000 or somthing like that not really sure.Waste of money IMHO of coarse then again i bought an automatic:bash:

WizardsCobra

LTHL SVT
Established Member
One big problem is with the 5spd grinding going form 1st to 2nd or 2nd to 3rd. You should be able to notice if you take it out for a test drive.

WizardsCobra

LTHL SVT
Established Member
I have a Magnaflow x-pipe with cats and a Steeda catback and i love how it sounds. If i could do it over again i would go with the new Borla Stinger because they sound just great.

FreSh03Gt

Established Member
I was wondering what midpipe to go with. I was thinking Bassani X with cats anyone heard that with stingers???

FreSh03Gt

Established Member
Im just venting! i like my auto too. However when i bought my car back in OCT. i had the choice of the car i have now and an 03 silver Cobra both new sitting side by side and i got the vert cause of the nice summer top down action:rockon: then shortly after i find my self here wishing i would have just got the cobra:bash: even recently checked out a trade on for an 04 but i would lose my ass on the GT so i'll just wait.

Ponygirlracing

*Liz*
Established Member
OK a problem with the newer gt's (i should have said some problems) It is sometimes hard to get it into reverse. you have to pull up and then put it in reverse. getting it into 3rd is sometimes a problem too but not as much.
It cuts off from time to time when you are slowing down.
The clutch also is a problem. (throw-out bearings)
This is all happening to my gt. It may not happen to yours. But ask around look at other web sites most every one is having the same problem.
I would get an 03/04 cobra instead but if you can't do that. get a gt. It is still worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread