2002 lightning vs 2003 harley davison f-150

ford_lightning

Established Member
I have a question. I have a 02 lightning and my mom said that she would let me traded it in on the new harleys the sliver and balck ones. what are u guys thoughts. will it be much slower, and what would ure decision be.

THANKS

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
The lightning will be faster. It will be a trade off. Great looking go fast VS Luxury like interior and kinda Go fast. I like the L's better, but the Harley's are a little more rare to see on the road. I think that there are as many good points to keep the L as there are good points to get the HD.

theprofessor

Banned
I would keep the Lightning IMO. But I love the Harleys too. If I could own any other truck than a Lightning it would be a HD. My boy had the 2000 which was the first year they came out with them and they were not SC and his was pretty quick and torquey as hell. Now the new ones with the SC are more built and will be faster than the ones without SC. I have never ridden in one either so I cant tell you what numbers most people are pullin. Keep in mind that HD is a big a** truck too. The Lightning probably wont kill it, bad but definitely take it out. There is a guy on here who has a new HD ask him about it. All in all, the HD is a nice truck and is still pretty fast considering its size.

Rearpl8tsinsite

QQQQ
Established Member
I raced a 2003 HD the same color you are talking about and I have to admit it is the best looking truck I have ever seen. A guy at work here has one. My car probably would not stand up against an L or it would be fairly close. I beat the HD by about 2 cars which tells me they are fairly close to a Mustang GT give or take a tenth.

King Cobra 2000

Established Member
Lightnings vs HD

The Lightnings and Harley Davidson have the same engine and trans also supercharger. The only difference is that the L has a smaller pulley than the HD.

Lightnings have 380 hp and 450 lbs
Harley Davidson have 340 hp and 425 lbs:beer:

Blown03 HD

To Protect and Serve CSPD
Established Member
I own a 2003 Harley, silver and black!!! I would trade the lighting in. My truck stock runs consistant 14.4 at 96 miles and hour with all the seat and a full tank of gas. I get a compiments on it every day and it is more convenient to have the extra space for more people. And the dang thing is so comfortable.

99cobradave

Established Member
Your mom will let you trade it in? lol. It's unbelievable what the kids are driving now days. You're a lucky dude. Never mind, here's my .02.

I'm in the market for an upgraded truck, as well. If you want to race, stick with the L. If you want a kick ass cruisin' truck with some power to boot, get the HD. The HD has the absolute coolest interior I've ever seen. Dual captains chairs, dual consoles with flamed leather, chrome all over the place. Awesome. The only thing I dislike are the 20" rims - it would look much better with the 2001 18" L wheels, IMO.

As Rearpl8tsinsite, said, it is the coolest looking truck on the market.

ford_lightning

Established Member
My lightning runs a 13.8 @99 and it has a chip and sxhaust with a cold air induction. So a 14.4 is not thta much difference. I really like them. Will the hds really hit the 130mph?

Purerock105

Established Member
There is also a slight weight difference between the two also.

L's runs at 4700lbs while the HD's push 5000+. Not really a
signifigant margin, but in translation to the HP/TQ difference
it does add up.

Face it. The HD is for people who like performance but with
the backseat. The HD, thanks in part now to the 03+ models
being SC, does what the Lincoln Blackwood couldn't. Sell.

:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread