2002 Lightning Interior restoration

CbiScuT

Established Member
I'm new to the site, but I just recently picked up a silver '02. The interior had seen better days, the seats and carpet needed help, plus the lumbar system was broken. There were too many stains, spots where the mat'l was worn thin, and it just looked beat. I bought all the stuff through my local dealer, and was told that I got one of the last few remaining complete sets of seat covers still in stock. Geez I coulda bought a whipple for the price I paid for all the interior pieces. Once all the parts arrived, I disassembled the seats down to the frames and put new foam cushions on and then the covers. Here's some pics of the before and after. Sorry for the quality of the pics, I'm not a great photographer.

this is the driver side seat bolster showing the worn out mat'l and the foam was split under the seat cover
LightningInteriorRedo003.jpg
[/IMG]

This is what all the bolsters looked like
LightningInteriorRedo006.jpg
[/IMG]

The worn out arm rest and what the mat'l looked like on the driver side seat
LightningInteriorRedo001.jpg
[/IMG]

New driver seat back
LightningInteriorRedo008.jpg
[/IMG]

New driver seat bottom
LightningInteriorRedo020.jpg
[/IMG]

New carpet with old floor mats
LightningInteriorRedo021.jpg
[/IMG]

New arm rest
LightningInteriorRedo019.jpg
[/IMG]

New seats installed
LightningInteriorRedo009.jpg
[/IMG]

so, as you can see, this is what I've been doing during the winter months.

speed3198

BEWARE the Jabberwocky!!
Established Member
coulda saved on buying the armrest and done an expy swap! Looks good though, now go buy some wet okales and only bring the oems out to play at shows! it does make a difference on keeping them clean.

STRK BY

RIDE THE LIGHTNING
Established Member
I'm new to the site, but I just recently picked up a silver '02. The interior had seen better days, the seats and carpet needed help, plus the lumbar system was broken. There were too many stains, spots where the mat'l was worn thin, and it just looked beat. I bought all the stuff through my local dealer, and was told that I got one of the last few remaining complete sets of seat covers still in stock. Geez I coulda bought a whipple for the price I paid for all the interior pieces. Once all the parts arrived, I disassembled the seats down to the frames and put new foam cushions on and then the covers. Here's some pics of the before and after. Sorry for the quality of the pics, I'm not a great photographer.

this is the driver side seat bolster showing the worn out mat'l and the foam was split under the seat cover
LightningInteriorRedo003.jpg
[/IMG]

This is what all the bolsters looked like
LightningInteriorRedo006.jpg
[/IMG]

The worn out arm rest and what the mat'l looked like on the driver side seat
LightningInteriorRedo001.jpg
[/IMG]

New driver seat back
LightningInteriorRedo008.jpg
[/IMG]

New driver seat bottom
LightningInteriorRedo020.jpg
[/IMG]

New carpet with old floor mats
LightningInteriorRedo021.jpg
[/IMG]

New arm rest
LightningInteriorRedo019.jpg
[/IMG]

New seats installed
LightningInteriorRedo009.jpg
[/IMG]

so, as you can see, this is what I've been doing during the winter months.

LOOKS Great.........Do you have the part number and price for the drivers side seat FOAM ? Do you have the part number and price for the Drivers side lower seat bottom cover ?

Thanks..............

CbiScuT

Established Member
If you have a VIN #, then you can get the parts by just telling them that you need new seat cushion foam, covers, etc...
Thanx for all the compliments guys.

Last edited:

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
The problem with the drivers seat bottom is the metal bar. You need to fold it over or wrap it with foam to keep it from coming through the seat foam again and wearing out the seat. I'm sure thats why the other owner deleted it. Its a poor design. Here are 2 pic's of the culprit. In the second pic you can see how to wrap it to fix the problem

Last edited:

rabmotors

Established Member
I recently did this to my truck but my driver seat doesn't look nearly as good as yours. Mine has some wrinkles and your seat looks perfect. Did you cover the seat yourself or have a shop do it? Any tips you can give me if I attempt to do mine over?

Users who are viewing this thread