2002 H/C built Drivetrain Z06

albino96

White is the fastst color
Established Member
Selling my Black H/C 2002 Corvette Z06. Only has 38k miles. This car is a ton of fun and I have put a ton of money into building the drivetrain, but I need to sell it for something cheaper now and start saving for a house (or saving at all lol). I'm interested in lightnings if you have one.

This car is ridiculously fast and was built right with no expense spared. The last owner told me the car weighs in at 3080lbs. I hate to sell it, I have owned it a little over a year and absolutely loved every minute of it. This car is a real head turner. I am still not 100% on selling it, but i think im 98%. It'll be hard to let go.

Here's the mod list:

Power/Drivetrain:
AFR 205 heads milled to 59cc
upgraded double springs
Custom Grind comp cam 232/236 .617/.600 112 LSA
LG Pro headers
Borla Singer Catback
Halltech CAI
ASP Underdrive Crank Pulley
7.400" Chromoly pushrods
ARP head studs
LS2 Timing chan and Sprocket
B&M Precision Short Throw Shifter (have a brand new MGW as well)
42lb injectors

Compression is 11.8:1

RPM Level V Trans
RPM built diff (whatever the highest level is)
300m axles
C6Z input shaft
3.90's
upgraded clutch packs
other stuff I can't remember
DTE Brace
Textralia OZ700 clutch
Brand new MT ET Streets

Appearance:
Black C6Z Wheels
Smoked tail lights and side markers (not too dark so it looks awesome and cops should give trouble)
Tint
Corvette partition and tray (helps with noise/cupholders a lot)

The only negative is the driver side door has a bad spot on it from hitting a wall in a garage while opening it. It's not very noticable, but it's there.

The previous owner got an 11.63@124 out of it on the stock drivetrain (and without the 3.90's). I didn't get a good pass cuz I broke the tranny first trip then the rear the second (hence why it's all built now).

Tuned by Orange County Corvette to 440/406 (have dyno graph at work)

On to the pics!
IMG_1434.gif

photo_10037_20090928.gif

^^got 3rd place in that event!
z06011.gif

z06012.gif

Older pic from when I bought it:
z06033.gif

Here's a quick vid, it's kinda cheesy because my gf made it for a school project. I'll see if I can find some other vids of it.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJy9s3bFNnE"]YouTube- Corvette commercial - chapman moment of decision project[/ame]

This is the best one I have of the tinted tails:
13941_537233739131_201003622_31680732_5489725_n.jpg

PM me or call me for more info. Car is in Orange County, CA.
Nick (714) 862-9180

Price lowered $24K OBO. Once again open to trades for a lightning!

PM me or call/text me at (714) 862-9180.
-Nick Salch

Last edited:

albino96

Established Member
Oh, and I should mention that vid was shot on the stock clutch which is why it's not shifting right which you can hear. The Tex has been awesome.

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
Bump for a great guy.

I've personally driven Nick's ZO6 and it's a handful. That's coming from a guy with a 610 RWHP/565 RWTQ Terminator.

albino96

Established Member
May be going to pick up a lightning this weekend, so I lowered the price again to get this sold!

albino96

Established Member
Buyer fell through at the last second. I was going to drop it off on thursday and last minute he could only come up with $20k and that's just a little too short. It's up for sale again.

albino96

Established Member
Why was the check engine light on in the video?? Was it a common thing for you to shift at 7000

Check engine light is one for rear o2 sensors. You can check the codes right there in the dash. And it can be turned off in the tune.

The shifting in the video was messed up because when I bought the car it was on the stock slipping clutch. It's a hydraulic clutch so it had the "sticky clutch pedal" which you can find on any LSX forum. Basically the clutch slips and heats up the slave to the point where the fluid inside boils. When that happens the hydraulic clutch doesn't work and when you press the pedal nothing happens...

It wasn't like that for long, the clutch got replaced with a textralia OZ700, tick performance master cylinder, and new slave. It's all good now.

:beer:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread