2002 GT Cluster and A/C Controls Backlight Issue

SaleenCobraSwap

Established Member
I am having trouble with the backlighting in my gauge cluster and A/C controls panel. When I pull the toggle switch the headlights, tailights, and running lights all come on, but the cluster and a/c controls do nothing. It was all functioning fine one day, then not the next. All of the other lighting works just fine (CEL, Brake, TCS, High beams, etc). I also noticed that the odometer doesn't "dim" when I pull the toggle either like it used to when I turned on the lights. I have checked alll the fuses and they are good, does anyone have any idea what I need to do to fix this? Thanks!

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
I am having trouble with the backlighting in my gauge cluster and A/C controls panel. When I pull the toggle switch the headlights, tailights, and running lights all come on, but the cluster and a/c controls do nothing. It was all functioning fine one day, then not the next. All of the other lighting works just fine (CEL, Brake, TCS, High beams, etc). I also noticed that the odometer doesn't "dim" when I pull the toggle either like it used to when I turned on the lights. I have checked alll the fuses and they are good, does anyone have any idea what I need to do to fix this? Thanks!

Check the bulbs?

01yellercobra

Established Member
It might be something with the switch. Does turning the switch like you're dimming the lights have any affect?

SaleenCobraSwap

Established Member
I wouldn't think the bulbs in the cluster AND the a/c controls would go out simultaneously, and even if they had, I'd think the odometer would still go dim when the switch is engaged. Turning the switch doesn't seem to have any effect.

Users who are viewing this thread