2002 Dodge Viper ACR or 2016 Shelby GT350 w/ Track Pack?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rainmaker

2highPSI
Established Member

Not daily driver, just a weekend toy for you and the wife. A low-mileage, 2002 Viper GTS ACR Final Edition, or a 2016 Shelby GT350 w/ Track Pack?

Assuming you can get the GT350 at MSRP (ha), you are looking at roughly the same price for both cars $55-$60k.

What do YOU choose, and why?

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I voted GT350. Love the Viper as well but magnetic ride and the sound of that Voodoo engine.

KingBlack

I'm more stupid than I post
Established Member
knowing what we know now with the '17 ZL1

I'd wait a year to see what ford's counter punch will be

DSGCOBRA24

Established Member
I voted viper, only because when you decide to sell it, you'll still get your money back. I'd rather drive the gt350 but that car will only go down in value and when you decide to sell it, you'll take a big hit on it.

Rainmaker

2highPSI
Established Member
I voted viper, only because when you decide to sell it, you'll still get your money back. I'd rather drive the gt350 but that car will only go down in value and when you decide to sell it, you'll take a big hit on it.

That's it. Many are predicting a pretty dramatic value inflation of the Viper after the last Viper rolls off the the production line next year, and the Gen II's have long considered to be the "best" Viper in the sense of how raw they are, and they are arguably the best looking Viper generation.

It's also one of the few cars I would purchase in Red:
zAaYYQP.jpg

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
Viper. Not because you should expect it to appreciate, but because the 350R will depreciate. If they are equal for you, then consider the one that wont result in a loss.

Not to mention, the Viper is an awesome car and is still a performer even among today's cars, especially with brakes and some basic mods. I have am about 100 hours deep in reading on these cars. Heh... its unhealthy.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
But cmon! You cant see out of it real well.
Low seating position, long hood, rear visibilty is non-existant. Stick with the stang

...oh wait

Rainmaker

2highPSI
Established Member
Viper. Not because you should expect it to appreciate, but because the 350R will depreciate. If they are equal for you, then consider the one that wont result in a loss.

Not to mention, the Viper is an awesome car and is still a performer even among today's cars, especially with brakes and some basic mods. I have am about 100 hours deep in reading on these cars. Heh... its unhealthy.

Ive been reading about the Gen II Vipers for a solid week now. im in deep.

XtraTQ

Established Member
Since I've had a Gen II GTS, I'd probably go with the GT350. Now if it were between a Gen IV ACR and a GT350, then I'd go with the Viper. I will own one some day.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
GT350, while those Vipers are cool and all, its just too old, hot and dated interior. I used to want a supra but then saw the interior and these days... nah, ill gladly stick with a more recent car.
Oh yea, Gen V Viper over everything under $100k.

Voted for GT350, but not in black. :kaboom: Black hides the curves and the wheels are also already black, so give me a track pack Avalanche Gray or Red, maybe even white.

Last edited:

Sn95Snake

Established Member
I would go Viper especially since it will be a weekend toy and not a DD. I prefer my weekend toys to be scary, raw, & fun to drive.

Blackoyote

Established Member
What's the cost to jump in the Gen IV game? If one of those are attainable around the same price that would be my choice, otherwise GT350.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Since I've had a Gen II GTS, I'd probably go with the GT350. Now if it were between a Gen IV ACR and a GT350, then I'd go with the Viper. I will own one some day.

Give me another 6 months or so and I'd probably be ready to jump for a Gen V.

What's the cost to jump in the Gen IV game? If one of those are attainable around the same price that would be my choice, otherwise GT350.

Depending on the colors, mods and miles...they're more in the mid $70k range.

OP, I would buy the Viper in a heartbeat after driving both. My dad had an 01 Viper. Loved that thing.

CQ_800.jpg

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Tough. Really like all year Vipers, especially the ACRs.

Maybe the 350. While it would be a weekend car, the nicer interior would win me over.

Users who are viewing this thread