2002 connecting rod issue?

junioRace

Established Member
I ran across this post over at SVTOA (posted back in 2003). I know that the connecting rods are the weakest link in the motors, but was anyone aware of the issue as was stated in the post? Here's the text from the post:

I was on the fordtruckworld.com site and ran across a post about 02's built between feb and may. That might have bad connecting rod. There has been several problem with trucks with in these build dates. There is no recall at this time but ford does know of the problem. The rods in question seem to be #3 and #7 and ford seems to be fixing this when it becomes a problem. Some trucks had no mods at all on them. Some blown motors are being replaced with 03 engines. Even though ford will tell you 90% of these trucks had mods and they are making dealers aware of the different mods being done and everything to look for to find if it has been modified so they can start voiding warranties. So be very careful anytime your truck goes in for any type of warranty work no matter what it is they will start looking for mods and keeping records.

Users who are viewing this thread