2001 WS6 vs 2011 GT 5.0 (Video)

OneBadWS6

Established Member
Whats up SVTP, just posted this on LS1Tech and a few stang guys said I would share it here also

2001 WS6: M6, SLP Lid w/Paper Filter (useless), 3'' Cutout, Magnaflow Catback, everything else stock
2011 5.0: Auto, 5k Miles, Bone Stock

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odJQAq7l-hI"]YouTube- 2001 Trans Am WS6 vs 2011 Mustang GT 5.0[/nomedia]

1st Race: Dig, 5.0 Jumps, and is out of site lol
2nd Race: Dig, Even start, 5.0 pulls 1.5-2 cars?
3rd Race: WS6 no passenger, roll, 10-120, WS6 by half a car?
4th Race: WS6 no passenger, roll, 15-120, WS6 by a car?

Having a passenger made alot of difference in the last two races, even tho my girlfriend only weighs 120lbs. Also we had already started before the video came on during the roll races so I would say we were already going about 60-70 when the 2nd two videos come on, I stopped every time at 120, he wanted to keep going around the turn but that turn was scary and I didnt want to push it for a few extra feet

Notes: The 5.0 is one hell of a car, to any F-Body or 2010 SS owner out there you better be on your A game if you come across one of these or you will be seeing taillights pretty quick. I have beat Charger SRT-8's, 2010 SS's, LS1 C5 corvettes and run dead even with two bone stock 03 cobras and lost by a car to 1 other, so that should give you an Idea about where my car sits. I think that if the 5.0 was a M6 with the 3.73 option i would been back about 1-2 cars.

So coming for an LS1 owner yes the 5.0 is faster stock for stock then any LS1 car period.

Last edited:

NoSVT's4me

Established Member
NICE! That was very well done. No weenie comments, decent music, two cars, zero trash talkers. KUDOS! I hope this thread stays clean and straightforward as you've started it.

I'm only a little surprised the Mustang didn't win the roll races too, because it revs well and has reached a clear "break in" point already. Being an auto possibly hurt it, but those seem to run quite well and leave no room for driver error.

Good driving on your part though. A missed gear would spell the end instantly and you nailed it. When he took off in the 1st run, that just looked like a whippin'... Proof positive in your comment about being on your A-game... Give an inch, you'll give a mile in no time! The other runs were all visibly closer and the roll races made ya look pretty darned good, thanks to good work on the shifts.

We need more clean and clear videos like this one. Good job! Nothing's better than the track, but you came close with this one.

PS... I REALLY like that T/A! Clean and simple.

Zentenk

Established Member
Wow, your friend wanted to race around a turn and your g/f stands like 5 feet from the road? Good thing you hit 4th instead of 2nd or you would have a real kill on your hands. The camera looks good enough she could have been quite a distance away from the road.

19935.slow

Established Member
Wow, your friend wanted to race around a turn and your g/f stands like 5 feet from the road? Good thing you hit 4th instead of 2nd or you would have a real kill on your hands. The camera looks good enough she could have been quite a distance away from the road.

That turn was about 20ft or more after the camera person...

OneBadWS6

Established Member

I didnt know the guy this was all setup from LS1 tech I drove about 2 hours to the desert for this race, aslo she was standing pretty far back from the road she just had the camera (canon 7D) zoomed in.

OneBadWS6

Established Member
Nice, your trans-am looks sick just needs diff wheels

I also have black ZR1's with DR's on them but I didn't want to put them on because it wouldn't have been fair with him on stock tires plus in that kind of heat Im sure I would have broke something launching hard.

blacksrt

Established Member
hmmm, would have thought the 5.0 would have taken the roll races too even though it is an auto.. These new autos aren't the slush boxes they used to be.

OneBadWS6

Established Member
hmmm, would have thought the 5.0 would have taken the roll races too even though it is an auto.. These new autos aren't the slush boxes they used to be.

no they arent at all, the way it shifts the average person racing one wouldnt know it was an auto

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Nice runs, kind of confused though. How does a 120lb person make up 3-4 car lengths?

Users who are viewing this thread