2001 Taillights

FlaSVT

Moderator - 2nd Gen Forum
Established Member
Any of you guys catching flack from the local authorities over having the '01 clear taillights on your truck?

FlaSVT

Established Member
A good friend of mine is a sheriffs deputy and he was asking about the taillights on my truck. Once he got a good look at them he said they were fine. He said the big issue is with the clear ones that just have a red bulb in them.

I should of had him put it in writting. :D

2FAST4U

I'll Be Back!!!
Established Member
Unless you live in VA, where you can't do nothin' to your vehicle!!

I got asked about them at a road block and I was told that they are Illegal in the state of VA, but he let me go because I had a book on the 2001 Lightning and he thought they were my stock tail lights:D

I am always ranting about the state of VA. You can't have nothing!! A month ago I got a equipment violation for haveingtinted
headlight covers on during the day. He said that they can't see you with them on, I was like "whatever"!! On my old S-10, I got five tickets all at one time. All equipment violations. Lightes under the vehicle, flouesesent license plate frame, too low to the ground, clear tails, and noise ordinance violation for my exhaust and stereo. Those were my "home boy" days in high school. I really HATE this state.

County cops can care less. All my tickets have been from state troopers(go figure).

Last edited:

FlaSVT

Established Member
That figures. :mj:

Years ago it was acceptable here in Fla to have open containers (beer) in the car while you were driving. You couldn't drive drunk but it was ok to drink and drive. (go figure) There was one city here that had passed a law saying that open containers were not allowed. So the game was to finish your beer and get rid of the can before you crossed the city limit and not open another one until you crossed over the city limit going out the other side.

Users who are viewing this thread