2001 Mustang GT

THEhamBone

SVT Poster
Established Member
Hey guys.. Im new to the site but just thought I would share some pics and info of my ride. I blew her up back in July and have been working on her ever since.

Engine-

MMR 950 5.0 stroker shortblock
Trick Flow Twisted Wedge Heads ported
MMR stage 3 blower cams
Edelbrock Victor Jr. EFI intake and rails
BBK throttle body
10.1 compression
Meth injection

Power adder-

Vortech V2
intercooler
Vortech Mondo Bypass valve

Trans-

Stock t3650 for now.. New trans is going in once I get done chasing dyno numbers

New trans is a built 4R70W
manual valve body with trans brake
OD and torque converter lockup on a switch

Rear end-

Fab 9" rear housing.
31 spline spool
Currie axles
Wilwood Brakes
Nodular Iron 3rd member

Fuel Setup- Not Pictured

Converted to return style
Glens Performance 1600hp kit

Triple Walbro 255's
Sumped tank
60# injectors (being replaced by 80's)
Aeromotive Boost reference Fuel Pressure regulator

Suspension-

QA1 K-member and control arms
Coilover conversion front and rear (rear not pictured)
Anti roll bar (not pictured)
Subframe connectors (not pictured)

Body-

I also decided to replace a few body panels and have the car painted while I was building the motor

Shaved Cobra rear bumper
03-04 Cobra side skirts
03-04 Cobra front bumper
03-04 Cobra spoiler
3" Cowl hood
Painted the car Comp Orange.

Im getting close to the finish line on my car, but still have a ways to go. Im currently working on the tune but should be doing the final tune and dyno in the next month. Im expecting it to make in the 650 700hp range. No telling what its going to make on the spray.

CIMG1508.jpg

CIMG1647.jpg

CIMG1645.jpg

CIMG1646.jpg

CIMG1715.jpg

CIMG1652.jpg

CIMG1650.jpg

CIMG1709.jpg

CIMG1584.jpg

CIMG1512.jpg

CIMG1402.jpg

CIMG1420.jpg

CIMG1397.jpg

CIMG1373.jpg

CIMG1370.jpg

CIMG1354.jpg

CIMG1356.jpg

CIMG1357.jpg

CIMG1352.jpg

1012092011.jpg

Last edited:

stangnutlx

Dreamin about Boobies
Established Member
Cool that is the one i want. What do you think of the quality that MMR provides? im looking at buying the same SB you own.

THEhamBone

SVT Poster
Established Member
So far I love them.. Ive ordered a bunch of stuff from them. Shortblock, Heads, cams, cam gears, solid lifter for degreeing cams, oil pump (billet gear), and all the arp stuff. I ordered the shortblock first. Later on I decided to do heads and cams and they really cut me a break on the heads, cams and cam gears, I think ive got like 2250 in the top of my motor. Really nice guys. Only thing that aggravated me with them was the time to build the shortblock. It ended up taking about 10 weeks to get it. Id call one week and they would say yeah man, its in assembly now and should ship this week, next week was same story. I dont mind waiting, but dont tell me its almost done. Just be honest about the timeline and we are cool. But all in all it was good. Aint like there was a rush, the shortblock sat on the garage floor for another 10 weeks after I got it. lol.

meaty mac

IDK what I want now
Established Member
Will that blower support 700rwhp thru an automatic?

How hard will you have to spin her in order to do so, rpm wise?

Killer looking setup you have there bud. :beer:

THEhamBone

SVT Poster
Established Member
any advantages to going to a blow thru setup?

To be honest, the 2 main reason I went blow through are so I could vent my bypass valve to atmosphere, ever seen someone doing a burnout at the track and all of a sudden they had to get out and put the bypass hose back on cuz they blew it off?, and so I could run open blower. No powerpipe or anything. I didnt like the fact that with the anderson powerpipe, my filter was 2 inches from the ground. Noone around here does it either, Im all about being different. Its harder to tune, I have the HPX PMAS MAF, but its worth it in the end if you ask me.

Will that blower support 700rwhp thru an automatic?

How hard will you have to spin her in order to do so, rpm wise?

Killer looking setup you have there bud. :beer:

Its going to be tough to get 700 to the wheels (dyno number wise) with the auto, thats the main reason Im chasin numbers with the 5 speed first. Im going to be upgrading to the V7 YSI in the future. Im overspinning my blower by about 10,000 rpms. lol. These cams should make power up to about 7500rpm and witha 3.1 pulley. POOR blower. haha. Main reason Im going auto is its going to be easier on my driveline and a 100% more consistent at the track.

Turbo96

Turbo Spool FTW!
Established Member
thats a sick build. the only thing that could make it better is a turbo or two instead of the vortech. sweet looking car.

THEhamBone

SVT Poster
Established Member
thats a sick build. the only thing that could make it better is a turbo or two instead of the vortech. sweet looking car.

Long term plan was turbo.. twin 61 ball bearing or single 88.. also dropping the compression to 9.0. BUT i just cant make myself spend 8000. Ysi upgrade is 2000.. and Ill spin the SHIT out it.. and wastegate it down to the psi I want.. it will "kinda" act like a turbo that way. I figure overspin the ysi by like 12000.. and wastegate it to about 22psi.. should see it rather quickly.

Turbo96

Turbo Spool FTW!
Established Member
Long term plan was turbo.. twin 61 ball bearing or single 88.. also dropping the compression to 9.0. BUT i just cant make myself spend 8000. Ysi upgrade is 2000.. and Ill spin the SHIT out it.. and wastegate it down to the psi I want.. it will "kinda" act like a turbo that way. I figure overspin the ysi by like 12000.. and wastegate it to about 22psi.. should see it rather quickly.

i could see that car easily putting down 700-800rwhp with a turbo setup. an automatic transmission would be a huge benefit as well. hope to see some videos soon :rockon:

THEhamBone

SVT Poster
Established Member
Heres an idle video from the other day.. been alot of changes since this but you can kinda hear how its going to sound and such.. idle is erratic and tune is garbage. lol.. here ya go..

[ame=http://s85.photobucket.com/albums/k64/Hambonez71/Mustang/?action=view&current=CIMG1655.flv]
th_CIMG1655.jpg
[/ame]

stangnutlx

Dreamin about Boobies
Established Member
Looking good man, That dew bottle should add about 30 flywheel hp

Users who are viewing this thread