2001 Mustang Cobra

2000SuperStang

Project SuperStang
Established Member
I'm selling my cobra. I've loved it since I have had it. It has been a great car and a great project. Pretty much all aftermarket parts are in my signature. The only other thing that isnt I believe is I had it painted Atlantic Blue Metallic. Also, the motor was just built fully forged and bored in August, and has only had 700 miles on new fully built and forged motor. The motor and car overall only has 6200 miles on it. All boday parts are genuine Ford and Saleen parts, no cheap tacky ebay, cervinis, etc. I swore I would never get rid of this car. But the time has come to buy a house and must sell unfortunately. The motor was built for a power adder, whether it be turbo or supercharger that was the plan. Also, this car has never seen rain, snow, etc. garage kept and only driven in summer. Also, since the built motor it has not seen the track. That were my intentions this spring, but I am not able to keep it that long. Just over $40,000 invested in this car. I have record of all receipts of purchases which will go with the car, for aftermarket lifetime warranties on most of the parts. The pictures speak for themselves, this car is immaculate. The last picture is a car show I attended, I have also won numerous awards for this car. Hopefully she can go to a good home with someone. Please PM me all offers and questions.

And here's the website for the company that built my motor and they also showcase it on their website:

UCF Machine Shop - Latest Projects

And here are various pics:

100_0553.jpg

100_0555.jpg

100_0548.jpg

100_0560.jpg

100_0540.jpg

100_0542.jpg

100_0551.jpg

cobra.jpg

cobra6.jpg

0625081750.jpg

l_84103a1957f9c3c7567f4c163a3f4cba.jpg

Last edited:

Montanasvt

Established Member
What color is that? I may be wrong, but it doesnt look factory, unless it is true blue. Which I thought was darker. IMO the exhaust sticks out too far, take off the wing, and put the factory head lights back in ( smoked). Other than that get the front lip fixed , the car looks good.

2000SuperStang

Project SuperStang
Established Member
What color is that? I may be wrong, but it doesnt look factory, unless it is true blue. Which I thought was darker. IMO the exhaust sticks out too far, take off the wing, and put the factory head lights back in ( smoked). Other than that get the front lip fixed , the car looks good.

It is Atlantic Blue Metallic(My favorite Mustang color). I had it fully painted. Also the tips are in further. The front lip is also fixed. And the buyer also gets a saleen wing to get with the car which I was planning on swapping out this spring.

All offers accepted, let me know what they are. Thanks!

2000SuperStang

Project SuperStang
Established Member
I was looking to get 20 for it, which is half my investment in it. It's pretty much a steal with the whole car being fully built, just waiting on a power adder. The motor itself was 7500 to have fully built. Plus I have a viper spec t-56 in it which was a little over 5000. Right there is 13000 in just drivetrain. Any offers please PM me. Thanks for looking!

Montanasvt

Established Member
I was looking to get 20 for it, which is half my investment in it. It's pretty much a steal with the whole car being fully built, just waiting on a power adder. The motor itself was 7500 to have fully built. Plus I have a viper spec t-56 in it which was a little over 5000. Right there is 13000 in just drivetrain. Any offers please PM me. Thanks for looking!

Im not trying to dog you ...I hope you get what you're asking... I know I sure didnt. I just sold my 01 w/ 30,000 miles for 13,700. With a new motor and tranny with warranty. My starting price was 18.

Max97COBRAtkd

Established Member
I like it a lot... I would be very interested but I have to get my car sold first. Not hip on the pinstripe or the 00R wing but since you have the Saleen wing for it, then that would be perfect. Hmmmm....

2000SuperStang

Project SuperStang
Established Member
I like it a lot... I would be very interested but I have to get my car sold first. Not hip on the pinstripe or the 00R wing but since you have the Saleen wing for it, then that would be perfect. Hmmmm....

Well keep me updated.....I can understand u not liking the pinstripe or wing. Some people like it it. Some don't. I used to love the 00R wing, but it has faded on me. That's why I bought the Saleen wing. But like I said I'm looking to sell this asap, as much as I hate to, as I need to purchase a house.

mysterio

Established Member
The car does indeed look True Blue, the color of my 01 Bullitt. The engine, however, looks more Atlantic or Sonic blue.

Maybe it's all just the lighting, but does the engine color match the body color, more or less?

2000SuperStang

Project SuperStang
Established Member
The car does indeed look True Blue, the color of my 01 Bullitt. The engine, however, looks more Atlantic or Sonic blue.

Maybe it's all just the lighting, but does the engine color match the body color, more or less?

No, the car is not true blue. I had it painted ford code K6 which is Atlantic Blue Metallic. The engine was powdercoated candy blue, which is a bit brighter then the car color, but close. I think you might be thinking of bright atlantic blue metallic. There is regular Atlantic Blue and there is Bright Blue Atlantic.

Atlantic Blue Metallic (which mine is):
2000_00027_02.jpg

Bright Atlantic Blue Metallic:
2000_00015_01.jpg

True Blue:
2001_00013_02.jpg

Last edited:

KduncSS

Ille qui nos omnes servab
Established Member
Sweet looking car man(except the wing).

Love that color, great choice. What color was the car originally? And did I read the first post right and this thing only has 6200 miles on it??????

Last edited:

2000SuperStang

Project SuperStang
Established Member
Sweet looking car man(except the wing).

Love that color, great choice. What color was the car originally? And did I read the first post right and this thing only has 6200 miles on it??????

it was black originally. And yes you read the odometer listing correct. I'll get more pics to post up.

Users who are viewing this thread