2001 GT Set up for RR/Autox

Fast99Snake

IRS'd GT
Established Member
2001 Mustang GT Mineral Gray
70,xxx miles (heavily modified)

I've currently got the car in storage for the winter. Been toying with the idea of selling it for about 6 months, I just don't drive the car enough to justify it anymore. Only put 1500 miles on it this summer and 2000 miles last summer. Car is a summer only car, NEVER SEEN WINTER. I am the second owner of the car, bought it from original owner in 2005 with under 40k miles. Am not in a rush to sell car and will keep it if I don't get any reasonable offers, so please don't waste your time or mine throwing me a lowball offer for 8k. The car bluebooks for 8-8500, and I feel I have significant value added in these modifications to the right buyer who appreciates the car for what it is. I just did a quick run down and if I part out the car at fire sale prices I can get 10k, if I wait around for good prices on parts I will be able to pull 12k+ out of the car. Obviously I'd rather save the hassle and not tear apart my pride and joy.

I'll start with what's wrong with the car, there are some scrapes and scuffs on the bumpers and one on the passenger side scoop that I will try and post pictures of tomorrow. Mechanically, the car runs perfect. And when I say perfect, I mean needs nothing. The throwout bearing will squeek a little when it's warmed up, but that's not uncommon on these old cable type clutches and does not affect driveability at all. Clutch grabs strong, motor pulls strong, trans shifts smooth, etc. All maintenance done meticulously, Plugs done less than 10k miles ago, IAC replaced 15k miles ago, fuel filter less than 5k miles, Fresh OEM brake pads, oil changed with castrol syntec at the end of every season or every 3k miles(just changed the day I put the car into storage a month ago for winter), Fresh Pennzoil synchromesh in the transmission a month ago as well, etc.

and the mod list,

Engine/Drivetrain
Cobra Spec T56
Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel w/OEM Clutch
Steeda Quick Release Clutch Quadrant
MM Firewall Clutch Cable Adjuster
MM Clutch Pedal Height Adjuster
Aluminum 03-04 Cobra Driveshaft
Detroit True-Trac installed with 3.55 Gears
Custom Rear Differential Cooler with Mocal Pump and -6AN Lines/fittings
Steeda Aluminum Shifter Bushings on stock shifter
BBK Aluminum Underdrive Waterpump Pulley(will include the not installed underdrive pulley for alternator as well)
Cobra R Power Steering underdrive pulley(EXTREMELY RARE)
V6 Serpentine Tensioner Pulley used to Eliminate A/C(No AC Delete tensioner pulley needed with this, cleans up some of the clutter in the engine bay and simplifies belt setup) SO from this you can derive that this is a no AC car, I do still have all the AC parts and will include them with car, AC worked flawlessly before I pulled it all out.
Battery Relocated to Trunk in vented Aluminum Box(Used all 1 and 2 gauge wiring and PAINLESS Solenoids)
Glass Oil Catch Can on Pass Valve Cover(Never pulled oil through it, just a good thing to be able to keep an eye on)
Canton Aluminum Coolant and Power Steering Reservoir
Prothane Poly Engine Mounts
OEM 99-04 Cobra Windage Tray
K&N Short Ram Intake
Trickflow Upper Intake Plenum and 70mm Throttle Body
Bassani Mid-Length Headers
"Custom" offroad X-Pipe to fit Headers
Magnaflow Stainless Catback w/slash cut tips
EGR Delete
SCT XCAL 2 with custom tune
Ford GT Fuel Pump(Original went out and figured why not upgrade while I have it apart)

Suspension/Chassis
2003 Cobra Independent Rear Suspension with Full Tilt Boogie Racing Delrin Control Arm kit, MM Poly Subframe Bushings, and the Full Tilt Aluminum Differential Mounts
MM Solid Steering Shaft
MM Aluminum Steering Rack Bushings
MM Adj. Tie Rod Ends Front and Rear(Properly adjusted for near zero bumpsteer at the current lowered height)
MM Caster Camber Plates
MM 4 point front strut tower brace
Bilstein Custom Valved Struts and Shocks with MM Coilover kit Front and rear(Fr. Spring rate #400, Rear #625)
MM Front Control Arms(Offset with Delrin Bushings with Grease Fittings)
Steeda X2 Balljoints with prothane HD poly boots installed in MM Arms
2001 Cobra Sway bars front and rear with Prothane Poly bushings and Adjustable Rear Endlinks
Kenny Brown Rear Shock brace (Welded in)
Kenny Brown 4 point K-member Brace
Brand New OEM Front Hubs and Bearings(Less than 1k miles)
ARP 3" Studs in rear hubs(also have studs for front, never installed but will include in sale)
Cobra R 13" Brembo Kit
Goodridge Stainless Brake Lines Front and Rear
Griggs Thru the Floor Subframe Connectors
OEM K-member massaged to fit 275mm tires in front, lightened by 5 lbs(cut out OEM spring mounts, and seam welded for added strength)
Seam Welded all major joints on frame/Chassis(strut towers and subframe joints)
Custom Alignment Specs, Zero Toe Front and Rear, IIRC front camber is -2* and rear is -0.5 with front caster set around 6-7*(The Car Drives AMAZING on track with these specs, I'll try to see if I can dig up my alignment sheet and give you the exact specs)
I will also include in sale a set of front and rear HAWK BLUE RACE PADS with about 30-40% life left, should be good for two more track days.

Interior
Rear Seat Delete
White Faced Gauges in stock cluster
Autometer ultralite2 gauges, oil pressure, oil temp, water temp, and diff temp
Sparco Montecarlo seat(needs to be recovered, seat fits me well but I'm skinny, 5'11" 150 lbs)
OEM 94 Base Cloth Passenger Seat(needed something cheap, comfortable, and functional and this worked)
Custom Suede Shifter and E-Brake Boots
OEM Mach 460 Audio

Exterior
Honeycomb grill delete with just the horse floating in the grill
Front and rear bumpers could use a respray, was planning on just upgrading to an 03 Cobra front in spring
OEM Ford Black hood with just normal rock chips for a car this age
The trunk will need to be painted, I filled the spoiler holes and was planning on getting it repainted in spring, I will leave it up to next owner to decide how to approach this. Will also include mint condition OEM spoiler with sale if buyer wants to drill out the body filler and put spoiler back on.
Scrape on Passenger side scoop and a little bit behind the scoop as well. Don't have an estimate on repairing this, probably a couple hundred bucks at a body shop. The paint still looks flawless, it regularly was washed waxed and polished once a month and clay barred once a year. There are a few flaws on the exterior though, it is almost an 11 year old car.Also undercoated the car myself a couple years ago after I did the seam welding for an added layer of protection from corrosion.

The car will be rolling on MB Battle 17x9.5 wheels with 15mm offset and some fresh Good Year Eagle F1's on the front and some bald Dunlops on the rear(these will need to be replaced). This car will hang with cars with a lot more expensive cars on the road course, think porsches and old men in c5's when on a sticky set of tires.

I'm asking 12,000 or best reasonable offer, I'm really not too negotiable though, if I'm selling for significantly less I'll end up just keeping it. Open to interesting trades. Obviously when I started this project I knew I was never going to get all my money back, but it would cost a lot more than I'm asking to recreate this car, let alone your time of sorting out the car. It's very driveable on the street and a bunch of fun on track. I know there are more mods I am forgetting, but now on to the pics of the car. I hope someone else can enjoy this as much as I did.

Shortly after I bought it.
picinfrontofgarage.jpg

DSCN0721.jpg

wrxwithstangbehind.jpg

IMG_0252.jpg

drift21.jpg

drift03.jpg

Yes, I even did one Drift Event with this car!

drift18.jpg

battlesonstangflash2.jpg

These are the wheels it comes with. Lightweight, only 19# and fairly strong too.

battlesonstangflash.jpg

autobahn19.png

Yes, this car is almost capable of pulling the inside front off the ground, if only it had more power!!!

autobahn10.png

Passing another member of this FORUM!!

autobahn14.png

Car comes with the black OEM hood.

Note: Some pics may have different wheels, the car will come with the MB Battles(Bronze wheels) Since this is a mustang forum, the one time I took this car to the track it ran a 13.9 on a street tire, but I also have no drag racing skills and was just out there for fun. And no I don't have my time sheet, you'll just have to go off my word although a 13.9 is nothing to be bragging about.

Will try and post some interior and close up pics tomorrow and of the scrape on the passenger side.

Thanks for looking

Fastlane Cobra

Established Member
Awesome car and great price!! I encourage anyone to drive on road courses. With such a setup as this car you will amaze people in much more expensive cars. Good luck with the sale!!!

Users who are viewing this thread