2001 cobra Which Blower

mike01svt

Established Member
What should I try and save up for that is most efficient, twin-screw or centrifugal. I want to get about 440 give or take 20 to the wheels w/o changing the internals. Will this be a safe amount to run w/o engine problems later down the road. Who has some good priced kits out there and what is involved in getting them setup, as for a tune and chip do the kits come with them already so i can just "plug and play" ?? thanks some prices will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Mike

bouncer18

Established Member
stock motor your safer with a vortec/procharger..

from what i have been told... (hear say) its more common to snap rods and such with a roots blower.... (stock block)

www.superchargers4less offers kits for our car for around $3400 w/ a 3 core inner cooler..(procharger) at it includes a chip.. i THINK you gotta get your own injectors and maf but i am not 100% sure.. so my answer in a nutshell is get a Procharger P1SC (no drillin in the oil pan and stuff, it just bolts on in an acg of 8 hours)

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
procharger all the way.

the 8# kit sounds perfect for your application.. you can run 440 to the wheels real safe.

theres nowhere else you can get that kind of deal... you get a HUGE front mount intercooler at no extra cost. check out vortech for their intercooler prices.

-Homer

99SVTAddict

Established Member
I'll recommend what I have. Vortech unit looks OEM and is an awesome power producer. There are different levels to choice from too. For the 99+ Cobra's, Vortech recommends an E-trim beause it limits boost (6-8 lbs) and is considered safe on our cars. I went with the S-trim but had ne of the best tuners (Alternative Auto in Michigan) install and tune my car. See #'s in signature.....

If you want the motor to last with stock internals, a couple of recommendations:

1. Stay away from a roots or twin-screw. Too much money first of all, but the power is instant and is more likely to blow the stock bottom end than a centrifugal since power biulds along with RPM.
2. Make sure you get a proper fuel system to handle your power level. I'm about to add a boost-a-pump along with my upgraded fuel pump.
3. Spend the money on a good, safe, custom tune. THIS is the most important part of having a blower.
4. Invest in a fuel pressure guage so you can monitor your pressure.

Good luck!

Edit: Oh, price is around $4500 I believe, but the kit included the S-trim blower, 03 Cobra injectors, 90mm L-MAF, and fuel pump.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread