2001 cobra vs V8 S10

slowsvtfornow

Looks good but slow
Established Member
Well the wife and I were on our way to get something to eat for dinner when a S10 pulled up right on my a** at the light. Light turns green and he just wont back off so I get into the right lane and he is the left lane and we stop at the light he keeps looking at me and reving it at me and the wife says to run him. Light turns green and this S10 jumps about a fender on me I get into 2nd and make up the fender when I get into 3rd i start to pull away from him put into 4th and put 6 cars on him and then shut it down befor the light. I could hear him just run out of steem. We line up at the next light and this time I am ready for it. light goes green and I have him by a car by the end of first put into 2nd and start to pull on him like he is standing still he shuts it down before I can put any more cars on him. I pull into the turn lane I can see he has no hood and I can see that he is has a v8. I am hoping he will follow me so I can talk to him about his truck. He just pulls out from behind me and goes straight and just drives off. I did want to talk to him to see what he had done because that truck can move. I have to say good race to him good luck next time.

slowsvtfornow

Looks good but slow
Established Member
Poorly running S10 or you are an amazing driver???

My car is slow he was just a lot slower than me he should not have picked a fight with me. But it always fills good to open a can of woop a** when. I get the chance. I know my car is not all that impressive but it is nice to own a cobra. I am working on a coupe but it wont be done utill next year I just have to much stuff going on.

ITRIEDEL

Established Member
yea most s10's are pretty ruthless when the have a SB in them... had a buddy with a 327 in his chevy luv... and it would yank a mid twelve... usually those s10's with SB's are pretty ruthless... good kill OP... was just curious wasn't trying to discredit your car but was curious if you had mods and that would tell us more oh where the s10 was at...

slowsvtfornow

Looks good but slow
Established Member
yea most s10's are pretty ruthless when the have a SB in them... had a buddy with a 327 in his chevy luv... and it would yank a mid twelve... usually those s10's with SB's are pretty ruthless... good kill OP... was just curious wasn't trying to discredit your car but was curious if you had mods and that would tell us more oh where the s10 was at...

No problem i have one of the very few cobras that are still stock i have big plans for it but i want to finsh my 79 coupe first. As for the S10 i think it was a M5 because i could see him shiffing i think he just ran out of gear because after 100 i pulled on him like he was standing still. Most people i run try to pick one my car because they think it is a V6 and when i put a hurting on them they start telling me it is not a cobra. Then i just tell them ok you got your a** kicked by a V6 that makes them mad as hell.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
I love the unexpected stuff like that... This is from a 98 S10 someone here built...
S10.jpg

Best pass on it was 11.11 @ 120 using a little bit of giggle juice. Not bad for an LT1 car.

JS01SNAKE

Established Member
Nice kill. always feels good to put someone in their place when they pick the race with you. what plans do you have for your 01?

slowsvtfornow

Looks good but slow
Established Member
Not to sure for the cobra maybe some type of boost. I want to finish my 79 fox first then repaint our 65 coupe and still need to finish the wifes 02 gt so there is alot before the cobra.

Users who are viewing this thread