2001 Cobra vs Evo 8

ShadesofGrey

Established Member
Mods on Cobra(vert): Magnaflow X pipe, catback. U/D Pulleys, Diablosport chip, etc. 310 rwhp 305 rwtq

Evo = unknown

Went on my lunch break, put the top down, let her warm up. I'm not going to lie, Ive been itching to find a race as the backstreets of my place of employment are straightaway business streets. I pull out of the lot only to see the taillights of an Evo 8 at the stop sign making a left. Finally! A chance at a car that can beat me. I got on his ass hoping to all hell he was making a right onto the straightaway street, Success! He turns. I let the revs in first climb so he can hear my exhaust note/want to run em as I turned. Side by side nothing but empty street ahead,

We get up to about my 50 in second gear as we are still lined up... I give him a chance to brake boost. Im at about 4900 RPM second gear, he takes off prematurely. Line up again, same speed, honk once, he takes off prematurely again(3 honks that hard to figure out?). Same speed except Im at 5k RPM second gear this time, he takes off early again but I let him just have the start since he wont play fair. He gets ahead half a nose initially, I immediately stop his pull, even up- speeds are climbing I wind out second to 7k RPM, shift to 3rd, still even, as soon as I hit 6k RPM in 3rd he has to shift and I keep on it til 7K... needless to say I jump ahead half a car, then 1, then 1.5 n still pulling... I won! I was a little surprised considering Ive got a vert. Wish I had my go pro with me it was such a good race considering he wouldnt play fair.

ITRIEDEL

Established Member
Theres no way that evo was trying because weight to power ratio is multiplied by the common denominator, and it cleary states that the ratio from bhp is divided by the rwhp. Pretty much what im saying is if the planets had been better aligned that night, he would of beat you....so u got lucky

F8L BYT

Established Member
Theres no way that evo was trying because weight to power ratio is multiplied by the common denominator, and it cleary states that the ratio from bhp is divided by the rwhp. Pretty much what im saying is if the planets had been better aligned that night, he would of beat you....so u got lucky

It's the street, shit happens but that doesnt mean the evo wasn't trying but nice job on being an ass! OP's gearing and driving ability is what beat the evo which is how it sounds in his story too

evolve

Established Member
Nice kill...would have loved to know if EVO had any mods

It would be very safe to assume no. I say this because a stock evo puts about 230-240awhp down. If he stop a pull and walked him (even slowly), considering the weight of both cars, you can see that either it is stock or has 1-2 very minor bolt ons (boost controller, etc.). Either way it is a good kill! I think with the power he makes, a bc or tbe and tuned evo would be a great match.

OneBadWS6

Established Member
Nice Kill OP I know how you feel I never get any races here in SoCal. Its rare thats why I just got to the 1/8th at Irwindale lol

Users who are viewing this thread