2001 Cobra vs 2004 Mach 1

JDrake

Established Member
Well this wasnt on the street but great races nonetheless....
Mods.......
Cobra- LTs, o/r prochamber, weld in flows, JLT CAI, short shift, street tires
Mach 1- Lts, o/r H pipe, borla stinger cb, C&L RAI, short shift, Accufab TB, Nitto 555R Drag Radials.
We ran 4 times last night, He(Mach) won 2, and myself(Cobra) won 2.
First race he spun out of the hole and I beat him by a bus.
Second race (first video) he won by a car, ticket says 0.1sec
Third race i fell asleep at the line and he won by 2 cars, ticket says 0.3sec
Fourth race (i finally started doing a burnout) and, well.... its the 2nd video. The ticket says i won by 0.08xx of a sec! it was about a 1/2 car.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfI7nqJ8Mlc"]YouTube - 2001 Cobra vs 2004 Mach 1[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCWNGGQ9ws0"]YouTube - 2001 Cobra vs 2004 Mach 1[/ame]

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
dang thats a very very nice trap speed u have there. especially with those mods.

and good races

Damn I was thinking the other way around. I trap that mph with just a x pipe and c/b. I thought the mach would be trapping around 109-110 with full exhaust and an intake.:shrug:

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
Nice vids and yessir...great sound. A classic face off....way to represent NE Cobra. Obviously a driver's race. Nice balance of mods. Do you think the tires made a difference? You'd need everything on the bottom-end to beat the Mach off the line. Top-end should be yours.

Last edited:

Stopsign32v

Established Member
Horrible times for the Mach, decent times for your car. Both cars need gears. One car needs better sounding exhaust. But both vidoes were fun to watch and its always fun running at the track against a car that is around the same times as you. :beer:

JDrake

Established Member
Awesome runs, they both sounded sweet. You have any more videos?

i have plenty of vids from the other night but my times werent great, my best is 13.16@ 110.9, i posted a thread about that a while back.

Nice vids and yessir...great sound. A classic face off....way to represent NE Cobra. Obviously a driver's race. Nice balance of mods. Do you think the tires made a difference? You'd need everything on the bottom-end to beat the Mach off the line. Top-end should be yours.

i think tires made a huge difference, i couldnt cut better than a 2.2xx 60' and he was cuttin 2.0xx w/out a burnout. He was about a 1/2 car ahead of me out of the hole but i pulled on him in the top of 2nd.

JDrake

Established Member
Whens the next time you are going? I might could bring a bolt on Mach 1 for you to run if you wanted.

July 16th, its a "street racing event" so they dont prep the track as well as a test and tune and street legal cars only but i will still be there. the next TNT is july 30.

jeffs

Established Member
Nice runs, any N/A 281 ci running that trap speed is doing just fine. Both cars sounded good, I think sticky tires would get you guys a few tenths judging by your good trap speeds.

Don't listen to the negatives, everyone can do better than you on the internet, except when they're actually next to you at the track, "kinda funny how that works".

I'd love to own or drive either car..

I also like how the video lasted only a hair longer than the race, nothing worse than watching for three minutes of burnouts and staging just to see another 15 second or less race, "lesson to all"!!!

Users who are viewing this thread