2001 Cobra vs 2002 Camaro SS

JDrake

Established Member
Hey guys, i was on my way home from work when i see a pair of headlights tailing me for a few miles on 485, i realized it was a camaro about a 1/4mile b4 my exit, i decided to skip my exit to see if he wanted to play. i let him catch up and and quickly see that it was a beautiful camaro ss. I downshift and give him a blip of throttle, he takes the bate and takes off, he gets a slight jump on the acceleration but i hit the gas just as he was even w/ me. first run was from about 70mph, it was dead even until 125-130 when we let off for traffic.

The next race was slower and i started in 2nd, this time i got a slight jump and quickly ran out 2nd and grabbed 3rd, again dead even.

The last race was the best, a 40mph roll, no honks but instinctively we hit it at the exact same time, yet again it was dead even only gaining inches on each others shifts, i grabbed 4th and pulled by a nose. we pulled off the next exit and chatted at the light, he was a real cool guy prolly in his 50s. He has Lts, full exhaust, lid and gears (i think he said 4.10s) we complemented each others cars and both got back on 485 cuz we both had missed our exits lol. It was a great time and some awesome races, i didnt think i had a chance nevermind edge the last race out.

BadBlue98GT

Established Member
...ahh I-485, haven't been home since the only completed stretch of that road was about 3 miles long and perfect for street racing...

wma8706

Established Member
You've got an incredibly strong running newedge cobra. Did you get the 330 rwhp and 110+ traps with only the mods in your sig? Do you have gears? Tune? You could potentially dip into low 12's with your power with only a SRA , 4.56 gears and drag radials.

JDrake

Established Member
You've got an incredibly strong running newedge cobra. Did you get the 330 rwhp and 110+ traps with only the mods in your sig? Do you have gears? Tune? You could potentially dip into low 12's with your power with only a SRA , 4.56 gears and drag radials.

Mods in sig are my only mods, stock gears and a tune from prodyno. I saw the ss and heard the LTs thinking i was about to get walked cuz they run mid 12s at the track.

wma8706

Established Member
Mods in sig are my only mods, stock gears and a tune from prodyno. I saw the ss and heard the LTs thinking i was about to get walked cuz they run mid 12s at the track.

based on your power and traps... you should also do the same.

Users who are viewing this thread