2001 cobra vert factory Subframe Connectors?

Brian's SVT

Established Member
Did the 01 cobra verts come with factory subframe connectors i just bought a 2001 true blue vert :-D and wasnt sure if they came factory or not i know my 98 did not but the guy i got the car from really didnt know to much about it.

thanks

If anyone can post pictures of the bottom of there verts that would be much appreciated!

blacksheep-1

Established Member
I used a set of factory "convertible" subframe connectors because they had a Ford part number and I needed to skirt some rules, but they are pretty crappy, weld ins are much better. If I;m not mistaken they may have also had a front k member brace as well, I had one of those on the car as too.

zPipes

Established Member
Just get a set of Maximum Motorsports Full Length subframe connecters to replace the factory ones. Easy on the wallet, heavy on the upgrade. Ive seen alot of matrix sets around, and the cost is pretty darn high. Unless you plan on hardcore autocross, I think its overkill and extra weight.

po-po 5.0

Established Member
Just get a set of Maximum Motorsports Full Length subframe connecters to replace the factory ones. Easy on the wallet, heavy on the upgrade. Ive seen alot of matrix sets around, and the cost is pretty darn high. Unless you plan on hardcore autocross, I think its overkill and extra weight.

I'm assuming you're talking about the kenny brown extreme matrix brace. One priceless advantage of that setup is the jacking rail. On a lowered car, it's a godsend. If I build another fox/fox4 car...I'll be sure to get subframes with jacking rails.

Lucky for me: the previous owner installed this setup in my current car. I stumbled backwords into how nice it is.

desertt5

Established Member
My wife had an 02 vert with the factory connectors, now has a 99 vert with KB full lengths welded in. The difference is huge. Full length welded in are worth it.

zPipes

Established Member
Well not only the KB, there are a few matrix sets now. Im sure the upgrade is great, but again I personally think regular FL SFC alone are plenty for most applications. I hear you on the jacking rails. I often thought about getting those, however I also thought Ive been going up and down by the pinch weld my entire life. Don't fix it if it aint broken is my theory I suppose. I know you can also get jacking rails standalone if you chose to go that route, instead of the entire matrix.

The other concern I personally had was the added weight. I have been recently thinking about weighing my car and seeing about dropping 200lbs if possible. Seems all my upgrades are just making the car heavier and heavier haha.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
I also have the full KB setup, along with some other stuff (see sig) and my car is amazingly stiff side to side for the chassis that it is and being a vert. I think the rollbar is also a big part of that - but talk about adding weight. I don't even want to know what my car weighs with all the extra metal it has bolted and welded onto it. My only problem now is I can really feel the IRS wiggling all over the damn place. Need to bite the bullet and get the FTBR setup.

Users who are viewing this thread