2001 cobra rear window problem

airstang93

Established Member
Im all of a sudden having problems with my 01 vert passenger side rear window not going down. I'm thinking its the motor but i wanted to know if anyone else has had any problems with the windows in these cars.. this is the first new edge cobra i have owned so im still learning more and more about them as i go. if it is the motor, whats the difficulty level in repairing it? is there a separate motor for the front window and rear window? an help guys would be greatly appreciated...

Last edited:

dsg_mach1

Established Member
Yes, there's a separate motor for each window. To get to the rear window motor, you have to pull the back seat out, then pull the side interior panel off. When I bought mine, it had a window stuck up as well. I just pulled it apart, popped the motor out, but then plugged the wiring back in to test it and it worked. So, I just reinstalled it and it's worked fine ever since. It seems like these motors have a history of jamming and they don't necessarily have to be replaced. Rather than pulling it out as I did, you might just try tapping on it with a hammer while pulling the switch to operate it to see if that'll get it going again. If that doesn't work then replacement is fairly simple at that point.

Users who are viewing this thread