2001+ Cobra or GT

31Charlie

My freakin car is crushed
Established Member
Im looking for a car to get after I pay off my lightning. I would really like it just to be a daily driver, so its going to be used, but I still have the need for speed. I like the 03 Cobra but they are pretty expensive even a year or two old. I was thinking about getting a GT and just dropping a Vortech S/C on it. But after that its almost has much as a Cobra. Any suggestions?

31C

Last edited:

31Charlie

Established Member
Re: 2001 Cobra or GT

Originally posted by silverbullet02
I would go for the 01 cobra, it'll be better in the long run. 2 svt are better than one svt and a gt.

Its an idea, but I heard (no offense to any 01 owners here) they cant compare to the 03s. Then again I hear people saying my 00L can compare to 01+ and up, so maybe I need some guidance in this matter?

31C

Last edited:

31Charlie

Established Member
Aint that the question. I know this is going to sound crazy but I am really planning ahead because my National Guard unit is going to get activated with in the year. So I plan to save up the money while I am gone. I would like to get a 20,000 - 25,000 vehicle and put 10,000 down on it. But then it all gets to why am I getting this expensive of a car if I am just looking for something to drive while the L is in the garage. Maybe I should just get a SVT Focus. :-D

31C

31Charlie

Established Member
Yeah I was just reading the thread about how they could be withing my price range when I finaly come up with the cash. Ok, sounds good.

31C

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
no matter what you do to a gt it still wont be as good as a cobra.

At the Northwoods Shelby Club autocross at Road America two weekends ago, class winner was a yellow 01 cobra who was running low 2:40s. Thats haulin' ass.

Users who are viewing this thread