2001 cobra intake spacer

2001CobraDan

Established Member
Hey guys. I have a D1SC procharged 01 cobra and have been told to buy an intake spacer for it. I found one used online. Would I need to re dyno tune the car for this mod???? Thanks.

01bluesnake

Established Member
I haven't done a test for mine with the blower on now, but i'm guessing it would change the afr's slightly in the midrange and for sure peak power based on my before and after when i was n/a. If you watch the AFR's accurately and they stay safe, you should be ok, but IMO i would get it retuned to optimize the modification and to see the power gain before and after. either way make sure the AFR's stay safe and you should be fine.

01strokersnake

Part Time Race Car Driver
Established Member
I would get a retune. It def does change your powerband/mixes your airfuel into a more violent mix going into the chamber. And its just not worth the risk on a boosted engine to leave to chance.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I know that there is have been proof of gain N/A. Has anyone tested it out on a F/I application? I really would like to see side by side dyno comparison..

01strokersnake

Part Time Race Car Driver
Established Member
I had mine put on when I put the vortech on, so I don't know how its affected it, but under 3k it is definately more responsive

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I know that there is have been proof of gain N/A. Has anyone tested it out on a F/I application? I really would like to see side by side dyno comparison..

We have seen similar dyno gains both n/a and Forced induction, the increased plenum volume and straightened air path are the two primary reasons.

Let us know if we can help, we have a sale on them now for only $99 (includes gasket and hardware, long bolt not shown in picture below but is included))

Intake%20spacer.jpg

Click here to order for the special:Products » 1996-2007 DOHC Mustang Parts » MMR » PN#100770 MMR Intake Spacer for 99/01 Cobra and ALL Mach One

Users who are viewing this thread