2001 Camaro Z28 vs 2001 Mustang Cobra

DoggyB22

Established Member
Ran against a friend of mine's 01 Cobra. Was pretty close until I got into top of 2 going into 3 gear then I just started to walk away...... Now the Mustang has 4.10 gears hopefully a rematch in the future. :rolling:

M6 Camaro mods are Borla exhaust, SLP lid, Nitto 555R Drag Radial tires. Camaro put down 323/337 on a Dynojet.

M5 Mustang mods are Flowmaster exhaust, K&N intake, Accufab throttle body, SCT tune, Hurst shifter. Mustang put down 290/301 on a Mustang dyno

Thanks Enjoy! :thumbsup:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jBsmzSYyiY"]YouTube- 2001 Camaro Z28 vs 2001 Mustang Cobra[/ame]

Last edited:

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
Nice kill. The 4.10's will def help our his Cobra. Make sure to get that one on vid too.

DoggyB22

Established Member
Yea its going to be a good one :burnout: should be really close but with me pulling away slowly as we get to higher mph. & of course I'll get a video... Haha

i think he let off of it sooner than you realize

No it was a good run... He shifted fine in 1-2 as you can see. Then when I shifted into 3 gear is when I pulled away. I think he short shifted in 3 maybe? But I asked him after all the runs & he said he didn't miss any gears or anything. As you can see in the last video he does make his fly by when I slow down.....?

But Camaro's 3 gear are a lot better then a Cobra's stock....;-) so him having 4.10 will definitely be a good one. Maybe should of been a little closer? But hey that's street racing right? haha :banana:

LeadFarmer

Established Member
nice kill, my bud posted up a vid of our race a few days ago (identical mods on identical cars as in your vid) but I didn't pull nearly as hard as you did here/at all, starting to think there's something wrong wit my car:??: I got a borla catback slp y,hf cats,mti lid, and k&n filter and my car only put down 305/305:shrug: is yours a m6 or a4?

DoggyB22

Established Member
nice kill, my bud posted up a vid of our race a few days ago (identical mods on identical cars as in your vid) but I didn't pull nearly as hard as you did here/at all, starting to think there's something wrong wit my car:??: I got a borla catback slp y,hf cats,mti lid, and k&n filter and my car only put down 305/305:shrug: is yours a m6 or a4?

Yea I watched that clean Z28 man. What type of wheels? I am looking to buy some black 10 spokes for my Z28 :-D BUT.... one word, A4.....:nonono: that's what killed you the most unfortunately. Mine is a M6. A4 & roll racing don't really mix. Install a 3400 stall & your say BYE BYE to that Cobra. Or if you want to win without the stall just go from a dig. A built up A4 LS1 is scary....:mj: His Cobra is a M5 right?

Also my Camaro is a 2001 vs yours being a 2000. Meaning I have a LS6 intake manifold compared to your Camaro having a LS1 intake manifold which aren't as good. Pretty cheap upgrades that will help your car out a lot man. You can find LS6 intake manifolds anywhere... then get a stall & your set. That's pretty much the main reason of why my outcome was better. M6 do a lot better in roll racing compared to an auto. Don't worry about the dyno numbers. Your car is an auto so you lose some numbers for just that reason

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread