2001 Bullitt mods?

2001Bullitt

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Hey guys, Just joined the forum about a week ago after some friends told me about it. I just bought a 01 Bullitt with 44k on it and in beautiful shape. Im just looking to get some info on mods you guys think are suitable for a DD. I already have a mach1 grill delete comming and i just bought a Steeda Tri-ax from another member. Going to do basics really because I want to keep it reliable. Going to do SLP exhaust and probably a JLT intake. Def going to get the 10.5 rear wheels and some 315s for them as well, suspension with rear control arms, and and also the mach1 chin spoiler. Do you guys think anything else would be overkill for a clean driver? I don't want to change the body at all because it is a Bullitt and I love the looks of it as is. Any input will be great. Thanks guys!

DHG4410

Established Member
The Bullitt is my favorite. You should post under A taste of home/ New England. Best of luck with the new ride.

drivebymashing

Established Member
sweet me to

i just bought an 01 also it has 44k miles too its DHG
with a steeda tri ax it has 3.73 gears and an aluminum DS also
runs great have fun with yours i know i will sold my 99 cobra for this
i miss the 4v heads though....

Swaie

Established Member
Hey man I hope you enjoy your Bullitt...I love mine after blowing 10 psi through it.

~crash

Established Member
Welcome to the Bullitt world. I have 3.73's and those things woke up my car instantly. Cams n Lt's would set it off nicely though

Bullitt4859

Established Member
I would suggest a mid pipe as well, either offroad or catted. I have a JLT CAI, MGW shifter, and O/R H pipe and the car is completely different from when stock, in a great way that is!

meaty mac

IDK what I want now
Established Member
Seeing as it's your DD, you may want to stick with a 9" rim all around. The reason I say this is that the 10.5 with a 315 tire may be a little much with a relatively stock powerband. It'll actually slow it down a bit. I know it looks cool, but..

Okay, here we go:

Cold air Intake
Gears- If you do alot of highway- 3.73's are good. City- 4.10's rock
Longtube Headers with matching mid pipe. Keep the CB- It flows quite well

This will give you a good 30-35 rwhp and more importantly tq.

Then, when you can afford it, Cams and/or Heads will give you a nice top end charge. DONT GO TOO BIG. This is where alot of guys go wrong; they over cam their car. Considering this is your DD, I would suggest Comp 262 AH. You wont lose anything down low, and it'll give you a decent top end charge. Then you can think of changing the Bullitt Catback.

After that, if you do cams first, you can think of heads- either a port on the stockers, or Trick flow's new 2V's - Dont worry, the cams will fit.

Do this in the order that I listed, and you'll be happy with the results. :beer:

meaty mac

IDK what I want now
Established Member
Forgot to mention a Handheld Tuner is a must. SCT X3 and you'll never need to upgrade.
Also, after the Headwork, you'll need an upgrade for your fuel system. A set of 24's and a BAP will suffice. G/L

Courterman08

Established Member
Old(ish) thread, but I feel like posting.

I have a TB Bullitt and my mods are as follows:

non adjustable tubular upper/lower control arms
Pro 5.0 shifter
Moser 28 spline axles
Moser diff cover
Bogart D10 slicks&skinnies (26x8.5" MT Drags at 14psi)
MSD 2 step
DiabloSport Predator tuner

Now putting on:
Taylor battery relocation kit
FRPP shorty headers
catted X/H
Summit catback with flowmaster mufflers
SLP line lock
Steeda UDP's

Shooting for 12.8's on that setup.

Zach

HisPony