2001 Bullitt AC Issues

PC PaiN

Established Member
For awhile now my car has had a squeak/squeal. It would also bog down really bad sometimes at idle. Well today I went back to work from lunch and heard it squealing more than normal and smelled something. I popped the hood and noticed alittle smoke coming out from around the compressor. The clutch is also vibrating like crazy.

The A/C blows cold, and I haven't used it since I noticed this. My question is do you guys think it is just the clutch? The compressor also cycles on and off what seems more than normal to me.

Just wanting to know if I can just replace the clutch to save some money.

PC PaiN

Established Member
Just realized I have 60 miles till my extended warranty is up. This thing is going to the dealer.

Stage2Roush2002

Established Member
Just realized I have 60 miles till my extended warranty is up. This thing is going to the dealer.

Use to have this problem with my mustang, but not the smoke. Make sure you keep the paperwork from the Dealership because this problem WILL come back. And with your warranty up it will be over $1000 to fix. As long as you keep the paperwork saying they fixed it and it came back then they will replace it.

PC PaiN

Established Member
Use to have this problem with my mustang, but not the smoke. Make sure you keep the paperwork from the Dealership because this problem WILL come back. And with your warranty up it will be over $1000 to fix. As long as you keep the paperwork saying they fixed it and it came back then they will replace it.

Yea I'm hoping they just replace the compressor. I know that most places where you buy the parts from yourself offer 12 - 18 month warranty on the parts. I hope Ford is the same way.

Users who are viewing this thread