2000R Battery

GUY WAGNER

Established Member
What is the original battery that came in 2000R models?I picked up my R yesterday and it has an optima in it but I do not think that's correct.
Thanks, Guy

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
guywwagner said:
What is the original battery that came in 2000R models?I picked up my R yesterday and it has an optima in it but I do not think that's correct.
Thanks, Guy

I will have to open the hood on my 00R, but off the top of my head I believe it is a Motorcraft BX 59 C <-or something like that. This would be the battery installed on the Ford assy. line. The Morotcraft replacement from the Ford parts dept. might be the same number, or maybe BXT 59, or something like that, but it will not look like the original battery. I will have to look to verify the correct original number.

Does you optima battery have the heat insulator blanket installed around it that was originally installed on the assy. line Motorcraft battery? Many times replacement batteries are not the same physical dimensions as the original battery and things like battery heat shields and insulation blankets get mis-placed or thrown in the trash.

R

Last edited:

GUY WAGNER

Established Member
2000r

Yes,I guess I qualify twice.I bought a 33mi 2000R from R-Man.I went to Charlotte wednesday and picked it up.Got back last night.That brings me up to way to many cars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Guy

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
guywwagner said:
That brings me up to way to many cars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Guy
I'm with ya buddy! :lol: :lol: :lol: unfortunately, there is no cure for our condition :shrug: ;-)

R-MAN

Established Member
2000 Cobra R

I am glad you are satified with the car. it was nice meeting you. hey guys if you ever do business with Guy he is straight up as they come and very good to deal with. Thanks again Guy, you need me call me. :beer: :rockon: :thumbsup: :banana: :D

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
guywwagner said:
Yes,I guess I qualify twice.I bought a 33mi 2000R from R-Man.I went to Charlotte wednesday and picked it up.Got back last night.That brings me up to way to many cars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Guy

Congrats on the 00R purchase!!

R

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
guywwagner said:
That brings me up to way to many cars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Guy

You are SOOOO preaching to the Choir!!!

Congrats again on the purchase of the most awesome Mustang EVAR built!! :pepper: Am I biased?!?! Nah!!! :coolman:

Users who are viewing this thread