2000 Saleen s281 sc dyno numbers

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
dynosheet.jpg

288.2 RWHP
360.3 RWTQ

I think the rwhp should be a little higher. They rate the motor at 350hp and 410ft/lbs at the flywheel

Last edited:

DemonSVT

The Mad Modder!
Established Member
I think they over rate it a bit.

The torque curve looks really nice though! Nice and flat.

DennisG

Established Member
Your numbers are right on target for a stock 00 Saleen S/C.
My 2000 made 312hp and 383tq with a smaller blower pulley, X-pipe with cats, 70mm tb, and a Mac cold air kit.

PhatSVT

Established Member
Well with even a 20% drivetrain loss you are making 345 hp to the flywhel so yes it is a little low. I am sure yours is a manual cause I didnt think they made Saleens in auto so the drivetrain loss might be smaller then that which would put the hp even lower. Did you only do one pull? If so usually the 2nd or 3rd pulls are better. At least what I have noticed they are.

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
I did 3 pulls and the second was the high. The other 2 were off by a few hp. I did have a 5 speed and 15% is generally the standard drive train loss. with 15% loss, you are looking at 338 hp on the fly wheel. Thats 12hp less than advertised.

LSs1Power

Established Member
288.2 RWHP
360.3 RWTQ

I thought a 281SC Saleen should have at least 300RWHP. Ur TQ numbers are nice though. Did u run the car in the 1/4mile?

2MCHPWR

Established Member
that is a nice flat torque curve.

your HP is low because your air/fuel ratio is way off. Look how rich it is currently (10:1). It should be around 13:1. get that car tuned and you'll probably find about 20 hp. good luck.

:beer:

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
I got rid of it for mustang with a 32v motor and a larger eaton blower. (03 Cobra)

I think Saleen ran it rich like that to protect the motor from blowing up. I had a lot of stalling problems with it. I don't know if it was related to the air/fuel though, or Saleen ran it rich like with the hope of fixing my car. They reflashed my computer 3 times.

I never ran it in the quarter, but Saleen said 13.4 in the quarter. The Fact it had 18'' tires and a suspension setup for road racing didn't help in the traction department. Even though it had 3.08 gears, you could smoke up the tires in any gear at any time just by stoping on the pedal.

drewkeen

SVT
Established Member
its running VERY rich...you need to lean it out, put in a new set of spark plugs because the old ones are probably very dirty from being so rich and you will probably find 15+ ponies no problem.

04Mystic

Supercharged what?
Established Member
Gald to see im not the only Saleen owner!

Originally posted by PhatSVT
Well with even a 20% drivetrain loss you are making 345 hp to the flywhel so yes it is a little low. I am sure yours is a manual cause I didnt think they made Saleens in auto so the drivetrain loss might be smaller then that which would put the hp even lower. Did you only do one pull? If so usually the 2nd or 3rd pulls are better. At least what I have noticed they are.

Saleen does however make an Auto but its something you have to call and order when buying a Saleen. S-281s come with 5 speeds and the S 351 come with 6 speeds.

I had this same problem with my S 351 being VERY rich! :eek: When I first bought it I had smelled a richness exhaust smell but really never payed to mind to it till i pulled the plug's out :uh oh: Did some tuning and few mods here and there and she was a whole new car! l do however agree with having 18" wheels its hard to hook on these things, I even bought brand new chrome Saleen 18x10 5 star's for the rear.........helped a lil but not much I have since updated to Eibach drag springs and different shocks/struts also have helped alot.....Sorry to hear you got rid of the Saleen :??: Another update/mod im doing is turbo(s) I caned the vortech as I am not very pleased with how vortech seems to handle their customer service!.........anyway....with a few lil bolt ons the car dynoed at 442rwhp & 510FT LB of TQ (rwtq) forget @ what rpm's that's at :shrug: been a few year's sence then lol

Later

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread