2000 R ?

TTAFB_SVT

BETHA'S BACK !!!!!!!
Established Member
This is my first post in this forum so I'll get right to it. The new color ford is releasing this year is called Torch Red. Is it the same as the Performance Red that is on the 2000 R's? And also are the Cobra R parts that Cervini's is selling completely identical to the ones on the real R? Thanks for any help.

Cobra-R

Established Member
Originally posted by TTAFB_SVT
This is my first post in this forum so I'll get right to it. The new color ford is releasing this year is called Torch Red. Is it the same as the Performance Red that is on the 2000 R's? And also are the Cobra R parts that Cervini's is selling completely identical to the ones on the real R? Thanks for any help.

Can't say with 100% certainly, but I really doubt Torch red is the same. for 01 They offered Performance red, I really doubt they would change the color name without making a actual color change. The performance red on the 01 Cobra's was the least popular color, so I would say they will want to get it changed to a more popular shade.

I am almost positive that Civini's parts arent identical to the R's. The spoiler is pretty close, but the splitter looks the same but is one piece unlike the R's.

Brian

btw. The Real parts are now available as I understand, so if you want the real deal it's out there for ya.

TTAFB_SVT

BETHA'S BACK !!!!!!!
Established Member
Do you happen to know where the real parts are available at? I would like to trade my GT for a 2001 Performance Red Cobra Coupe but I can't find any dealers anywhere near Pennsylvania that have one. That is the color I want and really don't feel like changing my color options. Any help?

Cobra-R

Established Member
Do you happen to know where the real parts are available at? I would like to trade my GT for a 2001 Performance Red Cobra Coupe but I can't find any dealers anywhere near Pennsylvania that have one. That is the color I want and really don't feel like changing my color options. Any help?

I think gefracing has them. They have some pretty good prices on Ford parts.

I would post out on some boards and see if any members have seen or know of any P-R Cobras out there still. You also might want to contact Tommylightning on this board. He is the resident SVT dealer and maybe he could do a dealer search for you. I know he would treat you right on a deal, I have bought two SVT's from him and he has been great to work with.

TTAFB_SVT

BETHA'S BACK !!!!!!!
Established Member
I'm still kinda kicking around the idea of getting a 2000 R. I would have to put alot of money into the payments and as far as I know most people that bought them just bought them as another car but I would have to finance mine. I think it definetly qualifies as a dream car so I wouldn't mind payng some high payment. I have heard that they sound unbelievable. Do you have any idea where I can get some good audio and video files of one Thanks for all the help.

Cobra-R

Established Member
I'm still kinda kicking around the idea of getting a 2000 R. I would have to put alot of money into the payments and as far as I know most people that bought them just bought them as another car but I would have to finance mine. I think it definetly qualifies as a dream car so I wouldn't mind payng some high payment. I have heard that they sound unbelievable. Do you have any idea where I can get some good audio and video files of one Thanks for all the help.

You could try the Bassani website, I have heard they have sound clips of thier systems.

Otherwise, We have some members out your direction that may be close to you so you can hear one. They are awsome sounding, ecspecially with a full Bassani system on which alot of us on this site have installed.

Andy M

Established Member
Email me at [email protected] and I will send you a QuickTime audio clip of my R (with full Bassani hiflow exhaust) doing a 0-120 romp! It sounds incredible at full throttle. Without a doubt, the best soundtrack I have EVER heard in my life!! :rolling: :coolman: It is not only the exhaust, but the engine also with its huge air intake which make some incredible music together. Additionally, the pistons slapping up and down in the motor sound like a real race engine.

I've owned some real cool cars in the past 20 years, but my 2000 R qualifies as THE coolest!!

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
TT Good luck trying to find a '01 Cobra of any color, me and Tommy were looking for one non-color specifc and found one out of 150 dealerships.........

-Zach

Users who are viewing this thread