2000 R owners post your 1/4 mile times!

93SVTCobra

Established Member
I think it would be much more appropriate to ask Cobra R owners to post their lap times as not many people here care about drag racing as we feel it is appropriately named......:sleeping:

kevin

Originally posted by 93SVTCobra
I think it would be much more appropriate to ask Cobra R owners to post their lap times as not many people here care about drag racing as we feel it is appropriately named......:sleeping:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :rockon: :rockon:

Cobra-R

Established Member
Originally posted by 93SVTCobra

:beer: :beer: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Brian

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Last I checked, there were not any turns in a quarter mile? I have no desire (as many others here, I'd assume?) to go to the trouble of taking my car to a drag strip and find out how fast it goes? I honestly could care less. :bored:

I want to figure out how to break the 2:35 barrier at Road America! :bowdown: This car was meant to go around corners!!:rockon:

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

R-COBRA-R

Established Member
Well not all owners have the passion, or means to do road course. My R drag races for fun at some of the FFW and NMRA events.
The best time to date is 11.7 @ 120MPH
Only mods are 'X' pipe and straight axle. No engine mods.
Ted

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Ted:

Those are some pretty impressive numbers you have there!!:rockon:

What kind of gear and cat-back are you running? Are you interested in selling your IRS? (if you still have it?)

R-COBRA-R

Established Member
Originally posted by ac427cobra
Ted:

Those are some pretty impressive numbers you have there!!:rockon:

What kind of gear and cat-back are you running? Are you interested in selling your IRS? (if you still have it?)

430 gears put into a rear end built by Mark Williams Enterprises
Dr. Gas 'X pipe
TRZ sub frame connectors and adjustable upper and lower control arms with QA1 coil over adj. shocks. Replaced the T56 with a TKO+ trans. (the T56 snapped an input shaft)
The IRS will be saved to put back to original. (also snapped a half shaft and I couldn't wait for a new one from SVT)
Ted

R-COBRA-R

Established Member
Originally posted by JKD COBRA
Did you really trap 120mph with just an xpipe? That seems very high.

Actual trap speed was 119.83
We removed the head light and vented the mass air meter direct through the opening, the fan belt and the rear wing were also removed to get this. The car over heated on the return road and since then I installed an electric water pump. This was at US 41, in Morocco, Indiana, on a rather cool day in Sept.
Since then we can't seem to break 12.0 but now the car has a 10 point roll cage so that adds to the weight and we are just tring to be consistent as there are a few bucks to be won in the Mod Motor class at the FFW events. Norwalk is next for us and that class is $10,000.

Before that we were running 11.95 to 12.10 at 114-115 MPH
Ted

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Originally posted by R-COBRA-R
Well not all owners have the passion, or means to do road course. My R drag races for fun at some of the FFW and NMRA events.
The best time to date is 11.7 @ 120MPH
Only mods are 'X' pipe and straight axle. No engine mods.
Ted

With no "power adder"!! That makes this kind of 1/4 time very impressive!! What tire size and type?

Just think what times could be achieved in a 2000R with a properly adapted supercharger, and then add the nitrous. YEE-HA!!

Robert

black96snake

Established Member
One of my buddies I ride with won't put his bike on the drag strip, He says that he's all about corners. (and I am too) But that doesn't stop me from wanting to see how fast I can go.

I told him: "Last time I checked it was a drag race to the first corner."

He's just scared he'll find out his bike isn't as fast as he thinks.

Users who are viewing this thread