2000 Mustang v6 Vs. 1996 Nissan Sentra!

ebear

Ricer Tail Lights!
Established Member
There's this kid at my highschool, that drives a Nissan Sentra (I-4 115 hp) and he's a real big import enthusiast, he's always reading like Turbo magazine and import tuner etc. Well he has this nissan with Exhaust and Intake (might have other mods, i've seen under his hood and all I saw was intake) He tells kids he has a supercharger, but ..... that's another story.. so I dropped my friend off at the front of my school, and as I drove by him in the parking lot HE REVVED probably to the redline, at me. So I waited in the parking lot with my other friend in my car.. he then drove by and I followed him. We got out on a street and there is a car about 5-6 car lengths in front of me, and he takes off... I just kept going normal speed and after he put like 3 car lengths on me.. he puts on his hazards. As I pull next to him he looks at me and says "What happened man?" "What happened?" and was all talking shit. So then it was time for a real race... we went from about a 20 roll, I went from 2nd gear, he got about a .5 car jump because I was in low rpms.. and then I just took off.. after I was going about 60 (in a 45) I put on my hazards :thumbsup: (for fun) and slowed down... he then proceeded to do a ricer fly-by... Good times :)

Also, I suck at punctuation... dont hurt me :)

he does get 39 mpg on the highway though, so MAD PROPS FO SHO.

*edit*
yes I know my v6 is slow, and that it sounds like ass in high RPMs. But I still like it. However, I still can't wait until I get my 99-01 Cobra, next summer =)

Last edited:

Venix

Venomous Productions
Established Member
nitrous is only $600, and it will put you in the 13s. I had a v6 with juice.

Last edited:

Venix

Venomous Productions
Established Member
Paul's_03SVT said:
nice run, screw the NOS your asking for trouble. Save for the cobra.
obviously you have never had "NOS"...lol, lets call it nitrous...who knows what brand he would get sweety.

and did yo know that the pully you have on your cars is worse for the engine, then a stock pully with a 75shot, and the 75shot would make more power.

Last edited:

Venix

Venomous Productions
Established Member
ebear said:
I was going to run a 75 or 100 shot... but a v8... is a v8 =)
both are good. I started with a 50, and worked my way to the 100. 100 is the max tho, 125 sends the little 6ers to hell and back. You can get a 99 for like $14k now a days, so good luck. and you could take the nitrous with you to the cobra.

Last edited:

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Venix said:
and did yo know that the pully you have on your cars is worse for the engine, then a stock pully with a 75shot.

I can't say I agree with that, but that is just me.

Nice kill and I couldn't agree more with a V8 is a V8.

Venix

Venomous Productions
Established Member
ponygt65 said:
I can't say I agree with that, but that is just me.

Nice kill and I couldn't agree more with a V8 is a V8.
a cobra with all bolt ons and a ported blower...say 450hp...500 with a 2.8 pully. and 470 TQ. 530+ with a 75shot, and shit loads of TQ.

I was juice for 2 years with zero problems....know lots of people that have had zero problems....its when people install it wrong and use it wrong that you get problems.

Last edited:

ebear

Ricer Tail Lights!
Established Member
I would definately rather have a 03/04 Cobra, but the price is out of my range, im looking for a car under 15k :)

You're right, maybe I should run a small shot on the v6, until next year.. and then switch it to the cobra.. thanks for the advice :)

ebear

Ricer Tail Lights!
Established Member
True_stang said:
go with the nitrous set-up some people in this thread do not know what they are talking about
I was going to go S/C but for a college student, going Nitrous is MUCH cheaper, sure i'll have to fill the bottle. but I don't HAVE to, and I don't have to pay as much upfront.

Also, nitrous is just so sexy, it's so sleeper I love the idea of it :thumbsup:

Paul's_03SVT

Established Member
Venix said:
a cobra with all bolt ons and a ported blower...say 450hp...500 with a 2.8 pully. and 470 TQ. 530+ with a 75shot, and shit loads of TQ.

I was juice for 2 years with zero problems....know lots of people that have had zero problems....its when people install it wrong and use it wrong that you get problems.
True_stang said:
go with the nitrous set-up some people in this thread do not know what they are talking about
Yeah get a 300 shot. 450 + 300 = 750 hp

Last edited:

Venix

Venomous Productions
Established Member
Paul's_03SVT said:
Yeah get a 300 shot. 450 + 300 = 750 hp
first learn how it works...then tell me im wrong. A 300shot on you car would add 450hp, and 700+TQ. Yes thats add. As in you would have 1000hp and over 1000tq. And your car would go boom. :rolleyes:

Venix

Venomous Productions
Established Member
Paul's_03SVT said:
If nitrous is so great why doesnt everyone do it? 500 bucks and 125 hp?
yeah...i got this in my email....kinda say it for its self. $500 and 125hp.

Bootbox

Established Member
I've run nitrous on an otherwise slow car, here are my thoughts for what it's worth. It's not that cheap when you have to fill up a $40 bottle twice a week if you want to have any fun with it at all. You get about 6-8 full WOT blasts on a 100 shot out of a 10lb bottle, for $40, if you're lucky. I know people that pay 50-60 bucks for a 10lb fill.

It's not very fun to roll up to a car you could beat on the bottle, have him rev at you like an idiot, and then dust you because you haven't made it to the filling station (to stand around for a half hour while they fill your bottles) yet that week.

In my opinion, nitrous is only great as an added kick on an otherwise powerful car, and when you have your own filling station.

Users who are viewing this thread