2000 Mustang GT Vs. Random 95-97 Camaro

GT00STANG17

Established Member
Ok so, The other day i was on my way home from school and i see this white camaro with what looked like to be at least a 3in hood coming up on me fast. So i slow down to let him get next to me to see if he wants race and he slows down and revvs up his car so i i know it's on. So drop it into 3rd and we are going about 60-65. I honk it off three times and we both hit it i stayed with him maybe a second before he starts to walk me pretty bad. I let off in 4th around 120 and he was about 5-6 cars in front of me and so i speed up to ask him what he had done to it and i ask him he says it's a full bolt-on car and kind of laughs when he says it but i don't think it was just bolt-ons to walk me that bad i could also he had a roll cage in the car too but idk maybe one of ya'll can give me some insight if it was a bolt on LT1.

F8L BYT

Established Member
Full bolt on lt1 seems about right to me considering your mods, he may have a cam in there but it's hard to tell. Honorable death

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
Sounds about right for a FULL bolton LT1. Prob an M6 with 3.73's.

If you're implying he was a 11.5 car (needing a cage to legally run) and raced you with that setup, he's be a few bus lengths up. He might have spray, but if he was only 6 cars up, he was not spraying with full bolt-ons.

Last edited:

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
Nice death. Lt1's can be pretty nasty.

My brother in law has one that is mean as hell when it runs. (it doesnt run very much)

I am still impressed that the bottom end can hold up to the abuse he has put it through.
12 psi for over 5 years.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Nice death... full bolt ons and some weight reduction would explain it pretty well tbh. A fellow mfba member went low 11s with weight reduction N/A SI many years ago if memory serves.

Users who are viewing this thread