2000 Mustang GT Vs. 300C SRT8

GT00STANG17

Established Member
So on my way Home this 300c started coming up beside me and taking off then slowing down he kept doing it about 4 times when I decided what the hell. Ill see if I can keep up we were going to about 60 so I drop it into 3rd and get next to him then he hits it and I hit it as soon as he did And he stayed right beside me for second then i started pulliing on him all the way threw 3rd and into 4th by the time I got to 110 I let off because he was about 3 cars behind. So I think I did good since I thought there top end was way better. My mods are in my sig.

SSmoked99

Burn that sh*t UBZ
Established Member
Good kill! There was definitely something wrong with the SRT8 because even with your mods that "shouldn't" happen.

blake_colvin

Established Member
Good kill! There was definitely something wrong with the SRT8 because even with your mods that "shouldn't" happen.

I agree with this ^

You did extremely well.. then again if your an amazing driver then that can make up for at least the whole 1/2 second that your car is slower than him on paper.. lol

Good job though for reals.

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
It's amazing when you beat someone it shouldn't have happened. With logic like that there is no need to race. We can just compare results on paper and save the time and expense of racing.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Wow.. impressive.. I ran a 300C SRT8 from 70 to 140 (both stock) and we were literally nose to nose (I would creep slightly and lose it again between shifts)... let out just after hitting 5th (as I think he would have walked me with my shitty 5th ratio)

3 cars on one like that would mean you trap 115+ in the 1/4 though.. that's a lot of space in a short race.

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
Maybe the 300 had 4 or 5 people?... IDK... but if a true SRT-8 he should have won.

Rebadged 6 banger?

MACHXLR8

Third Member
Established Member
Hey OP...Nice run man... I am not sure what happened there with the 300C SRT8. Those cars are pretty stout up top. I am thinking that he started to run with you but then let out which might account for the 3 cars you put on him. I am not sure. I am guessing but you were there so, what you say goes.

Regardless...a kill is a kill. He should not have started a race with you only to pussy out half way through it.. :beer:

BTW..your ride looks awesome man...really clean and I like the lowered look!

Last edited:

chris1badL

Established Member
Nice! A couple years ago when I had my 2v, I was walked by one with 3 dudes in it. I had some what of a traction issue but I'm not making excuses. To be that big, they run hard.

ScreamingFast

Chicks love big Slicks!!
Established Member
SRT8 are slow but 2v GT are not fast either. I owed a 2v for 4 years and had every bolt on except for LT's (NA) They are okay on the bottom end but flat up top so that is surprise you put 3 cars on him. Then again there is dude at our track with SRT8 challenger that is S/C and he runs 13's and I have even seen this dude run 14's!!! He is on street tires but still should be in the 12's with a PA. Good kill thou.

Kewlv8

Established Member
SRT8 are slow but 2v GT are not fast either. I owed a 2v for 4 years and had every bolt on except for LT's (NA) They are okay on the bottom end but flat up top so that is surprise you put 3 cars on him. Then again there is dude at our track with SRT8 challenger that is S/C and he runs 13's and I have even seen this dude run 14's!!! He is on street tires but still should be in the 12's with a PA. Good kill thou.

Slowness is relative... compared to the Shelby the SRT8 is slow, and the 4.6L GT is reaheeeaaaly slooow... These cars have been out awhile, so no new insight to be found.... SRT8 will run 13.2 @ 109 in fair conditions, 4.6L GT will struggle to exceed 14.0 @ 100. Not really even close.

5 ltr. beater

....in spacers we trust
Established Member
...guess im gonna go with the "good kill, but you should've gotten your ass handed to you" side... :-D

seriously though...SRT8 chryslers are pretty stout cars up top. my only encounter with one was about 7 years ago, when i had a lid,catback M6 99 Z28. we were dead even from 70 till we shut it down around 140 :eek:
and trust me...a 00' 2V mustang GT with an exhaust was an easy kill for my old little Z28.....

..i miss that car sometimes...lots of memories...

GT00STANG17

Established Member
Im with all of u I am just as suprised. the Guy did have 3 other people in the car with the Guy. So I did have a huge weight advantage. I have only ran one other srt8 it was a challnger and it beat me by half car from a dig.

onebadsvt

Established Member
2 explanations, it was an RT, not SRT, or the guys is one of thos jack asses who is like oh hes racing, let me put it in sport shift and gear it down etc, and he wasted time trying to make it manually go in a gear while you were pulling him, because technically all he should have had to do to beat you is press the gas pedal downward all the way lol. but good kill!

onebadsvt

Established Member

because someone runs 13s in a modded challenger doesnt make the car slow, it means he doesnt have enough traction to go fast lol. I went to the track to watch one nite and decided to run my cobra 600whp on the street tires for the fun of it and it ran a 12.8 since i didnt get traction till i bogged out 4th, but i promise that car wasnt slow lol

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
Good kill, he should have lost... on paper. But this was a street race. Who knows what was up with the chrysler but good run! The op seems to be a pretty good driver; I've read some of his other kills and pretty impressive with a 2V.

By the way OP how's that JLT cai treating you?

Users who are viewing this thread