2000 Mustang Gt Vs. 2004 GTO

GT00STANG17

Established Member
So on my way to my girlfriends house i spot this black gto at a red light and i was feeling lucky so i follow him and go straight. I get up next to him and slow down and drop it to 3rd and give it some gas to see if he is game and he was. So were going about 60-65 and i drop it into 3rd and give the 3 honks then we were off right off the start i jump out at least 2 cars and i can see him slowly start to reel me in little by little by the time we got to 115-120 we had to slow down because of traffic i was able to hold him off and take the kill by a bumper i was impressed that i was able to beat him. my mods are in my sig. and his are unknown all i know is it had exhaust at the least.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
I guess thats what 3,700lbs will do to a car.

Good kill

GT00STANG17

Established Member
I believe the car was an auto thats why I jumped out that on the hit bc I heard the car rev up and them hevstarted to go

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
Good kill! I've never raced a GTO (in my GT) because I thought I'd get killed even with the ls1 instead of the ls2. I've had a couple GTO's do fly bys on me in my cobra, but have never raced one.

GT00STANG17

Established Member
Yeah that was my first encoutner with a group and I thought I was going to get beat but I was confident that I wud be able to hang with him by at least a car since there heavy bc I hang with ls1 car unless there a 6 speed car then I get beat pretty bad from a roll

JS01SNAKE

Established Member
nice kill OP. any future mods in mind? gears would widen the gap a bit with that gto. nice looking gt by the way

19935.slow

Established Member
Idk how the auto is in a gto, but I raced an 2v gt last night in my 02 z28. He had 4:10s, long tubes, x pipe, blah blah blah. He tried running me from a bad roll and the car took off in the wrong gear and it was slugging to catch him. I convinced him to do a 40 roll, but sure enough he honked it off at 35 and I spun real bad, but I had 3+ on him by 100.

I have an slp lid with a full exhaust. Good kill, but a 6speed would of been closer for sure.

GT00STANG17

Established Member
Thanks guys. Yeah I plan to do 3.73s and maybe cams on the car bc i love the way cammed car sounds Yeah stalls really wake up the autos

goat-ee

Established Member
I believe the car was an auto thats why I jumped out that on the hit bc I heard the car rev up and them hevstarted to go

I had an A4 LS1 GTO with almost no mods, other than tune, ported throttle body and true cold air. Always ran high 13's, best of like 13.68 or so @ 102-103mph. A lightly modded 99-04 GT with 5-speed should be a good run.

As you stated, it sounds like he didn't have the good sense to pull the car down to whatever gear he needed to be in manually. Would have been a better run with a proper driver, but a kill is a kill.

Sny714

Established Member
Good race although I'm slightly surprised. My friend with a 04 gto that has a 6spd, borla catback and K&N doesnt fall back far from a roll with me. I still will get about 2 cars from a low roll to about 80-90.He has problems launching the car so hasnt run better than a 13.3@104 at the track. From a roll the car isnt by any means slow. Good kill though.

Users who are viewing this thread