2000 mustang gt missing something near the shifter

Blaster77

Established Member
Hey guys quick question:
in a 2000 gt vert 5 speed there is a switch hole of some sort of switch off to the left of the shifter in which I believe is the traction control switch. however, we ordered a switch from the ford dealer and it doesn't fit in there.

So my question is:
what is the hole off to the left of the shifter opposite of the cigarette lighter for?

MustangSteveGT

Buck
Established Member
yeah its either fog lights or traction control IF it ever did have anything in the hole. even on autos the overdrive buttons on the shifter. also the rear defrost button should be next to the gauge pod area, so i dunno what else the button would be.
the late 2000/early 2001s were a slight transitional period to things like a newer style cd player without the old cassette player, the center console, as well as when the traction control became more common.
it is possible that the trim bezel around your shifter is actually from an 01-04 car with the hole for traction control button and your car is actually an early 2000 model year car that never had traction control.

DsilverM

Established Member
They probably gave you a 01 and up button. The only hole in a 2000 is the traction control .

Users who are viewing this thread