2000 lightning

gucci

00BlkLght
Established Member
i have a 2000 lightning that did not get the recall on the intercooler. the intercooler leaks and i have been told that this can cause a hydrolock if i continue to drive if not fixed. would it be a bad idea to just drain it till i get it fixed abd still drive it like this or should i just not drive it anymore till i can afford to fix it?

AZ ERIK

22's & a Whipple 4 shizzl
Established Member
you could drain it really, or for that matter pull your blower belt off and drain it. You wont make boost which wont build heat so you wont have the possibility of that popping the motor from going into boost with no intercooler problem. Let me check around, i think there is a guy in PHX with an extra intercooler that has been fixed, he might part with it cheap, it's been sitting for 2 years.

BTW I ran 12.7 with the intercooler plugged on a 4# lower and Ported Eaton. It pinged in boost and in vacuum, the water just sitting in the IC got to the point it boiled, then even when not in boost it pinged because the IC heated the air back up. My motor still runs..

Users who are viewing this thread