2000 Csvt For Sale!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fasvtcontour00

Established Member
Here's a list of mild mods in the order they were applied starting almost two years ago:
~set of Denso Iridium plugs with Motorcraft plug wires
~CAI by Cosmo Racing(got it off ebay, looks great)
~H&R sport springs (really set the car off)
~Cross drilled and slotted brake rotors with EBC greenstuff pads (Painted calipers red)
~Superchips Module Chip (just the baseline one program burn which remaps A/F ratio, shift points and removes rev limiter)
~Gutted catylitic converter (done by myself)
~3-in. Catback Exhaust with 3.5 in. stainless steel tips custom built from TruBendz exhaust in Miami, FL ($500) sounds awesome.
~17 in. Black SVT Focus wheels with 215/40/17 Nitto Neo-gen tires (my best mod)
~White HVAC inlays
Car has 83,xxx miles. I got it from a dealer in Tenn. Nov. of '03 with 47K miles on it. I've changed the oil and filter myself every 3000 miles with Mobil1 full syn oil and only run 93 octane in the car. I recently put a new fuel pump and fuel filter on in Aug. of '05. This really cleared the missing problem up at higher rpms. Also just cleaned the EGR valve out two days ago myself because it was having a problem idleing at start up, but the car starts up easily every time now. I would have to say that the car needs two things: new front struts and a paint job. I had a set of Koni adjustables at my house for about a month but never got around to putting them on and my mom sent them back because of the sale. The paint is not terribly bad but there are too many dings and scratches for my liking, clearcoat is cracked on the hood, scrapes on front bumper from dragging, and a 12in. key mark on the rear quarter that I covered up with touch up paint. You can't really notice unless you look close, but I know its there. (That was from an angry Maxima driver that I demolished in a drag race) Has the midnight blue interior which is perfect. Sale price is $7500 with both sets of wheels and tires (Focus and stock CSVT's) or $7000 with the stock wheels. Car is located in Lexington, KY. Selling because I NEED a Cobra. Willing to trade for a 94-98 Cobra. :pepper: :rolling:

fasvtcontour00

Established Member

Sorry, those are kinda big, didn't even clean the car up at all either, floormats need to be vacuumed...hope these will do...if anyone would like to see more or see the car in person, shoot me an email. ;-) :thumbsup:

Y2KSVT

Established Member
fasvtcontour00 said:
~CAI by Cosmo Racing(got it off ebay, looks great)
A true Contour Enthusiast will ask that you replace this CAI with a quality piece.
fasvtcontour00 said:
~H&R sport springs (really set the car off)
What struts are you running? Oh wait, I read in the lower body that you blew the front struts because you lowered the car incorrectly, most likely wearing your inner tires out, and all sorts of other suspension components.
fasvtcontour00 said:
~Cross drilled and slotted brake rotors with EBC greenstuff pads (Painted calipers red)
Lets hope those rotors don't crack when you need to apply more force to the brakes, because the car doesn't want to stop as fast with the blown suspension.
fasvtcontour00 said:
~Superchips Module Chip (just the baseline one program burn which remaps A/F ratio, shift points and removes rev limiter)
Generic chip? Well atleast it's a Superchip and can be reburned for an actual tune.
fasvtcontour00 said:
~Gutted catylitic converter (done by myself)
Not something you want to brag about. Gutting the MAIN cat will only cause turbulence in your exhaust, which leads to power loss.
fasvtcontour00 said:
~3-in. Catback Exhaust with 3.5 in. stainless steel tips custom built from TruBendz exhaust in Miami, FL ($500) sounds awesome.
3" catback??? What type of turbo are you planning for? 3" again will only hinder performance, as a 2.25 - 2.5" exhaust is best suited for this application.

fasvtcontour00 said:
the car needs new front struts. I had a set of Koni adjustables at my house for about a month but never got around to putting them on and my mom sent them back because of the sale.
I'd buy those struts back before trying to sell the car. Not many people will buy a car that needs a lot of work, especially for your asking price.

fasvtcontour00 said:
scrapes on front bumper from dragging
WOW!!! Just WOW!!!

fasvtcontour00 said:
and a 12in. key mark on the rear quarter that I covered up with touch up paint. (That was from an angry Maxima driver that I demolished in a drag race)

There is such a thing as being TOO honest. Talking about your drag racing in an ad will make most people run away..

fasvtcontour00 said:
Sale price is $7500 with both sets of wheels and tires (Focus and stock CSVT's) or $7000 with the stock wheels.

I'm thinking you're lucky to get $6000 for the car as it sits. I personally wouldn't pay anymore than that, probably closer to $5500.

fasvtcontour00 said:
Car is located in Lexington, KY. Selling because I NEED a Cobra. Willing to trade for a 94-98 Cobra. :pepper: :rolling:

Whenever you sell that car, I've got a buddy looking to sell his 96 Laser Red Cobra convertable. Black top and black leather with ~35k miles.

Sorry but I had to point out some of the problem areas in your ad. Looks like it needs some work before you can ask those types of prices. Then again, there's a sucker born everyday.

Mark

Last edited:

fasvtcontour00

Established Member
No thanks to you, the car will never sell...there's nothing wrong with the exhaust, suspension, chip, or brakes...BTW, are you interested in buying the car? probably not you'd just like to ruin my ad I guess, I feared that when I posted this ad because there a lot of Mr. Knowitalls on this site. I have to get at least 7K and it's worth every penny of it. I don't want a convertible either. Might as well delete this thread now, no ones gonna wanna buy my car after Mr. All Knowing Contour man here points out what a piece of shit car I have. BTW, I was pointing out that I have raced the car a few times and it IS fast, and yes I have dragged the front bumper a few times because it is lowered 2''. I don't wanna try and mispercieve any potential buyers that I might of had if it wasn't for your dumbass. Thanks for nothing.

fasvtcontour00

Established Member
I was gonna apologize to Y2KSVT for coming off a little harsh after reading his post, but now that I read it again, I think I'm the one that deserves an apology. I don't see how you can make all these assumptions about my car without even seeing, driving, or hearing it. First off, why do you think you have to pay $200 for a CAI (I assume thats your idea of a "quality" piece) when there are other intakes out there that serve the purpose just as well for the fraction of the cost. Second, how can my entire suspension be blown by just putting a new set of springs on, and yes they WERE installed correctly. Third, I gutted the cat because I wanted a free flowing exhaust which is what I got and I didn't lose any power in the process bub. Fourth, my chip is not generic, that mod has actually given me the most power boost of all. And if you want some better pictures of the insides of my tires I can post them up. I've had the wheels and tires on for almost five months now, with regular rotation and they still have 90% tread on them EVENLY. Dude, you need to come down off your high contour horse and stay outta my thread if you're not interested in buying my car.

Y2KSVT

Established Member
fasvtcontour00 said:
I was gonna apologize to Y2KSVT for coming off a little harsh after reading his post, but now that I read it again, I think I'm the one that deserves an apology. I don't see how you can make all these assumptions about my car without even seeing, driving, or hearing it. First off, why do you think you have to pay $200 for a CAI (I assume thats your idea of a "quality" piece) when there are other intakes out there that serve the purpose just as well for the fraction of the cost. Second, how can my entire suspension be blown by just putting a new set of springs on, and yes they WERE installed correctly. Third, I gutted the cat because I wanted a free flowing exhaust which is what I got and I didn't lose any power in the process bub. Fourth, my chip is not generic, that mod has actually given me the most power boost of all. And if you want some better pictures of the insides of my tires I can post them up. I've had the wheels and tires on for almost five months now, with regular rotation and they still have 90% tread on them EVENLY. Dude, you need to come down off your high contour horse and stay outta my thread if you're not interested in buying my car.

Sorry if you can't take criticism, but the car isn't worth what you're asking. About the CAI, I've actually spent less on mine than you probably did on yours, and it performs! Your suspension(springs only) might have been installed "correctly", but you just said the struts are blown, which means it's not a proper suspension setup. Koni's are a must with lowering springs. It's also a known fact that gutting the main cat will not flow as well as straight piping the cat. Also, look at your pictures. The interior needs cleaned and you're missing a jackpoint cover. These are things you could address before posting it up for sale. I've had my car since new, have taken meticulous care for it, the paint is in probably 98% of the condition it was new, and I've got a mod list 5x longer. I wish I could get $7500 if I were to sell it! So I'm not going to apologize, and I don't know it all. Just telling you what could be done to help the sale of the car.

Mark

fasvtcontour00

Established Member
OK...so you think that posting these things on my actual ad are going to help me sell the car...thanks bunches buddy...what a pal!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread